gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:28:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Chinese toothpaste biz wants £50k from Apple over 'Snow Leopard'
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chinese toothpaste biz wants £50k from Apple over 'Snow Leopard'  (Read 813 times)

ha ha

Jiangsu Snow Leopard Household Chemical, apparently a company with fingers in many pies, is claiming to have registered 42 trademarks relating to xuebao – Chinese for ‘snow leopard’ – including for electrical products.

The firm, which as the name suggests is mainly in the business of selling household items like toothpaste and soap, wants 500,000 yuan (£50,000) in damages and a public apology from Apple, according to Beijing-based consultancy Marbridge Consulting.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/03/snow_leopard_trademark_dispute/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Chinese toothpaste biz wants £50k from Apple over 'Snow Leopard'
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:46:38 pm »
and here i thought it was apple that took the cake on starting stupid lawsuits...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:22:23 pm »
mebbe they started it cos they feel that the apple version is crappy to the point it denigrates the fine 'snow-leopard' name of the honorable plaintiff?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »
I think the public appology would be worth more than the 50k, imagine the publicity for the chinese company

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Chinese toothpaste biz wants £50k from Apple over 'Snow Leopard'

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx