gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 03:06:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Dotcom searches illegal
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dotcom searches illegal  (Read 954 times)

Dotcom searches illegal
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »
The High Court has ruled the police raid on internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom's Auckland mansion was illegal and the removal from New Zealand of cloned copies of hard drives seized was unlawful.

Justice Helen Winkelmann found the warrants used did not adequately describe the offences to which they were related.

"Indeed they fell well short of that. They were general warrants, and as such, are invalid.''

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10816121

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Dotcom searches illegal
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:06:13 pm »
cant help but wonder what the eventual counter suit will be like.... carpathia hosting has quite a large bill that would need to be paid after all...  ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:06:55 pm »
We can only hope it's enough to make the buggers think twice before they pull this kind of bully boy tactic again, they don't seem to listen to anything soceity says.

The emporer has no clothes and his advisors are sueing the little boy who told him he was naked.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:03 pm »
i wish the US political system worked like the EU.... the US pirate party would have more of a foothold.... as it stands now we just have two political ways to go... the ass and the hole in the ground...

...doesnt help that the current vice pres and chris dodd are bedfellows... and its worse that the other choice is completely insane... im going to be embarrassed regardless of what names i pick on the ballot this year.... :/

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:58:53 pm »
organise a mass revolt, get millions to write 'Kim Dotcom' on the ballot papers and then a checkmark in front of his name
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:38:00 pm »
even if millions cared enough just to just send an email it would help.

I gotta make time to find out more about the aussie copyright enquiry thats going on here and see who I need to write to.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 03:26:41 am »
organise a mass revolt, get millions to write 'Kim Dotcom' on the ballot papers and then a checkmark in front of his name

ballots in the US are all electronic (thanks to bush and diebold) ... touchscreen to pick the candidate (and hope your vote actually gets registered) ... there are no more paper ballots with the option for a write-in :(

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Dotcom searches illegal

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx