gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:28:01 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FX server  (Read 8905 times)

DJKaren

FX server
« on: November 11, 2005, 01:27:07 pm »
Hi im trying to run fx server but in the main window after everything is online it occassionally comes up saying error in server thread and when i cant enter into the room myself

Offline willscotn

• Forum Member
FX server
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:30:35 pm »
you using just basic config that came with 1.3.2 version fx.port allowed in firewall ,router?

DJKaren

FX server
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 10:41:24 pm »
yes I am, just adjusted what i thought i needed to ie roomname etc, i am behind a firewall but like i said when i click to show room everything connects as it should, config loads up everything seems fine for a few minutes then that error comes up, when i try to go into the room from winmx it wont let me

/¥\âx

FX server
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 01:44:56 pm »
the fxs servers port is set to 6699 by default and that happens to be the same port as winmx, i changed my fxs port to something close, try 6688 or 6969 and see what happens. just an idea i had, hope it works.

DJKaren

FX SERVER
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 01:46:40 pm »
hi there thanks tried that, the error in server thread appears when anyone tries to go into the room, so i dont know whats happened unless its something i have to change in the config file, hope someone can help

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
FX server
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 02:45:38 pm »
DJKaren

Can you supply more information please such as what opperating system you use, and do you have a router?

DJKaren

FX server
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 07:33:13 pm »
Im running xp pro, dont have router set up do have norton firewall and antivirus but never had a problem before if by router you mean networking dont think i have lol

Galactic Overlord

FX server
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 07:53:03 pm »
Just as a test ... disable your firewall and then see if users can get in ... if so then your firewall is blocking everyone and you'll have to check company site for instructions on allowing exceptions for certian programs ...ie:FXServ

If Not still getting in then check and make certian that you dont have a port conflict by two programs attempting to use the same port #....

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
FX server
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 10:27:03 am »
Many cable/dsl modems contain router capabilities, it's worth a visit to www.portforward.com to see if yours is listed, if it is, there should be instructions how to set port forwarding.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

DJKaren

FX server
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 11:05:11 pm »
still no luck have tried changing ports, and disabling firewall still wont allow people into the room, not sure what else i can do thanks for all your help.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
FX server
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 11:11:33 pm »
DJ Karen,

Have you tried a different server to see if this problems still occurs..?

Offline Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

• WANABE WINMX CHAT SERVER HACKER
  • Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
FX server
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 02:09:35 pm »
i have tried using fx server and when i do it sends my cpu usage to 100% and freezes all programs out

im running xp pro on cable modem no router

anyone know why this is happening?

p.s. im using robo 2.06 eXtreme, 2x metis 2.7 test 6 and shareguard 2.1.0

Is this just a lack of RAM?
[ìíÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍ]Íì•íÌí¯`·íI¯ìIÌì í]¡í¯ìIÎ Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK ÎIí¯ì¡[ì íÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍì•íÌ[Ìí¯`·íI¯ìIÌìí]

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
FX server
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 05:57:00 pm »
Folks good news and bad news, the good news is that Fedez has released a new version and the bad news is says host file only so theres no point for any dll users to have this version, although that seems not to be the case  :?    

http://fxserver.p2pzone.net/home.htm

Now you can save your configuration without editing the config manually the server.
The reload has been removed (at least temporarily).
$IP$ , $HOSTNAME$ and $UPTIME$ variables available in the /motd.
/BlockV , /BlockK , /BlockB added. Same as the /Block, but who triggers the selected word will be de-voiced, kicked, banned respectively.
Added /setAdvOption ViewJoinAttempts= in the config file.
Set to 0 if you don't like the messages displayed when someone fails to join (for ex.: when banned)
You can use colour codes in the "now is Admin" messages too.
Added levels J and j. Who gets the J can see the "kicked" ("banned") message; who gets the j can see the name of the agent or admin who kicked (banned) someone, too.
 Removed /setAdvOption SeeKick=
The server now should connect to the wpn even if the piepatch is not installed. In this case, place a "hosts" file into the FXServer folder in order to make the server use those IPs; otherwise it will try with some default IPs.
Translation to italian (prepared for any languages, so maybe more will be available in the future).
Of course, some bugs (and security bugs) fixes.

I have tested this version and it will connect to the network as normal even without the host file fix using the pie servers only which is not very clever if they have technical difficulties as they have done regarding overloading, also you are treated to a forced advert for the pie patch  :roll:

I wish Fedez would give up politics like the other programmers have done and make his program simply work as it should rather than push something many users do not need or want.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX server

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx