gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 08:57:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  avg threat detection coming up with installation
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: avg threat detection coming up with installation  (Read 2330 times)

nikjim

avg threat detection coming up with installation
« on: August 09, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »
After i did my installation and setup, avg popped up with a threat detection. Winmx said this may happen and if it did to go to the help menu, but i didn't really find to much there. So does anyone know how i can get this threat detection to stop?????

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: avg threat detection coming up with installation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:12:23 pm »
Get rid of AVG

Avast...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:06 am »
I don't use AVG, but most AV's have a feature that allows you to white list the file or ignore it. I had the same problem with several AV's years ago, and I contacted the vendors myself, and reported them as false positives. The vendors then looked into the mater, and removed WinMx as a threat from there sigs. You could also take this route if you don't care for a little inconvenience.  The easiest would be to just white list the file from within AVG if it has that option. I would be very surprised if it does not have an option for this. I think almost all AV's do these days. Yes, Bluey.. I like AVAST better myself though I use NOD 32, and have for many years. I just wish NOD 32 would get their detection back up to the level it was several years ago. I still use it because it has such a light impact on my machines. It use an AE so i would be really shocked if NOD 32 would even have to block anything because I have block all unknown b
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:26:27 am »
by default. Had to finish my post in another post. My laptop mouse really sucks.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

nikjim

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:46:03 am »
thank you for your replies.  I had avast bluey, but their current editon  just didnt seen like my old avast (course i may have got the wrong one, my computers been down for alittle while). I think i will just try to contact avg cuz i dont see anything in there to change any settings. Someone else has a topic in here similar to mine, avg also but differnt recommendation and i looked for that too and im not seeing that anywhere either. But i will definetatly look first.

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:16:27 am »
it's been a while since I have used avg, is there a way to just tell avg to ignore that file?

Offline ¿Åliçe

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 09:26:44 am »
AVG isn't what it used to be, it's been a long time since I have used it too.  You would need to choose Ignore and add winmx to the exceptions list, the option should be there.   There are a lot of other better antivirus programs out there,   I myself use microsoft security essentials and in the last year to 18 months i have had no problems with it.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 09:43:32 am »
AVG shouldn't really give any trouble unless you installed something like plusmx (which understandable since it uses a very obvious trick/hack at start up), for this you can use the exceptions.

Normal winmx would notify you that a new program is trying to connect to the internet, you should allow it and check the box to always allow.
Also don't forget on windows7 and vista you have to give the program admin rights to function correct.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:45:55 am »
I wonder what the exact report is that AVG gives you?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  avg threat detection coming up with installation

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx