gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:45:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  The New Client
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The New Client  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
The New Client
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:20 pm »
It has been in circulation now for THREE MONTHS
and everyone knows it has many bugs so what has
been fixed in that time and when can we expect it
to simply function?

Yes I know folks are busy but a time scale would
be good as there doesnt seem to be any updates here.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: The New Client
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:53:58 pm »
Obvious the only bug fixed so far is the joanne muffler :D

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:03:38 am »
We all want updates fellow winmxer, what about having faith we are still hard at work and doing our best with the limited resources we have available, I wont promise mythical dates when its been proven that neither I nor anyone else can really hope to meet them with the random distractions real life throws up to ruin such timetables.

The developers are still working on all of the bugs and adding some of the missing functions that are not in the beta 1 release, we set a big goal when looking to clone the original client and its been a learning experience as well as much fun to see the bones grow flesh and come together to even look as good as it does, further research has had to be done in the protocol and programming spheres and all of that takes time, we have no paid programmers only volunteers as you know so neither myself not anyone else has any right to set out demands.
The developers always take note of requests and read both this and the OurMXWorld forum to stay abreast of any new bugs, they can often be found in the chat rooms testing things and swapping notes so its not as though folks haven't seen activity , my advice on this as always it to please be patient we all want the same thing and I want to keep my promises of delivering a long term client project with advanced methods to prevent network level attacks by the disgruntled, only if we can achieve this fully can we rebuild the community and bring the fun back into our daily lives, that is what we all want I believe and I for one will not stop even if the rest of the community disappeared overnight, when you stake your name on a flag you have to be ready to defend it.

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:08 pm »
This community you talk about, exactly how many ppl does this consist of?
my guess would be about 12 creeps that come here and never ask questions.

I ask questions and get shot down for doing so but I believe that winmx
is doomed despite the much appreciated efforts but I feel it is too little
too late and lack of interest is obvious apart from the 12 creeps you have here.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:35:10 pm »
Does any number make any difference to you ?

Back in 2005 we got down to about 100 chat rooms holding the whole network up before a fix was found and we went from near nothing back to at least 500, 000 users, it took hard work and a lot of publicity events to let folks know their old favourite was back but it all happened and can easily happen again when the time is right, so be it 1 guy holding the fort or 2000 the path to follow is clear, rework and rebuild.  If the folks don't want the new OurMx client then no ones forcing them to use it, you have to remember that currently 85%-90% of the networks traffic appears from Asia and that this is an English speaking forum so please bear that in mind before counting the numbers and jumping to conclusions.

Btw I really don't have any problem with replying to your questions as long as they are not ones that bring nothing of worth to the table, I myself have a lot of work on my plate and feel sure a share of that should go to educating folks on our initiatives and the directions such projects take, to that end I write materials for both coders and the general userbase and work on other projects that I feel will be of interest to users of the WPN, you have to appreciate that I have spent years here working for you all and doing what I think is best and I will continue to do that in the development role having passed my other site duties to the rest of the crew here, I listen I discuss and I try to look at the bigger picture some of us have seen for this networks future, perhaps we may never gather up as many users as we used to have but winmx users are fond of returning year in and year out to greet old friends and retell tales of the good old days and those good old days are different for each set of users, folks will talk about whats gone on here in the future too and I hope be able to say to their peers that "we held the network together with our friendship" while others who only cared for the size of their file folder went elsewhere to hunt, is the loss of such fair weather friends a great loss to anyone here ?

I think I have to give the last line to a quote from the "field of dreams" movie, I think you may know this one ..
"If you build it they will come"  :yes:

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:18:46 pm »
Does any number make any difference to you ?

Back in 2005 we got down to about 100 chat rooms holding the whole network up before a fix was found and we went from near nothing back to at least 500, 000 users, it took hard work and a lot of publicity events to let folks know their old favourite was back but it all happened and can easily happen again when the time is right, so be it 1 guy holding the fort or 2000 the path to follow is clear, rework and rebuild.  If the folks don't want the new OurMx client then no ones forcing them to use it, you have to remember that currently 85%-90% of the networks traffic appears from Asia and that this is an English speaking forum so please bear that in mind before counting the numbers and jumping to conclusions.

Btw I really don't have any problem with replying to your questions as long as they are not ones that bring nothing of worth to the table, I myself have a lot of work on my plate and feel sure a share of that should go to educating folks on our initiatives and the directions such projects take, to that end I write materials for both coders and the general userbase and work on other projects that I feel will be of interest to users of the WPN, you have to appreciate that I have spent years here working for you all and doing what I think is best and I will continue to do that in the development role having passed my other site duties to the rest of the crew here, I listen I discuss and I try to look at the bigger picture some of us have seen for this networks future, perhaps we may never gather up as many users as we used to have but winmx users are fond of returning year in and year out to greet old friends and retell tales of the good old days and those good old days are different for each set of users, folks will talk about whats gone on here in the future too and I hope be able to say to their peers that "we held the network together with our friendship" while others who only cared for the size of their file folder went elsewhere to hunt, is the loss of such fair weather friends a great loss to anyone here ?

I think I have to give the last line to a quote from the "field of dreams" movie, I think you may know this one ..
"If you build it they will come"  :yes:

It is to be admired and I have much respect but I feel these efforts are in vain, sadly  :(

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 10:16:21 pm »
I hope to change your feeling in this matter with the next beta release, until we give up hope theres no reason to be sad, tis the time of good cheer after all  :-D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  The New Client

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx