gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 01:17:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 88363 times)

Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2013, 12:01:18 pm »
it becomes a little to easy to focus on negatives, you're spot on wonderer.

out of many concerned users still here, only a few choose to negatively vent their frustrations.
It's nice to have a redirect now and then on a more positive note

Offline DeadGraveyard

• Forum Member
  • Dedicating Time to Serve People HELP!
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 04:45:40 am »
You blame King Macro, lemmie ask you this then!!

WHERE WOULD WINMX Be without him?!

heh, you can't say much there, winmx also was revived by KM and now you bash him against all odds! is it cause he is a great threat to your MASTER plan on taking over the whole of WINMX?!

oh and just so you know JOSH EVEN ADMITTED THE EARLY ATTACKS HIMSELF!!

Don't give me bs about KM being behind it, at this point in time RSWCS is more trusted than you Ghostship! and thats gotta HURT! cause i know how much you hate him!!!

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:49 am »
Josh never admitted to performing the attacks and he hasn't been behind the attacks either.

Offline DeadGraveyard

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2013, 04:58:47 am »
@Pri i told you to your face (well in a chat room) i do not trust you never have doubt i ever will, what with you sticking up with Josh who has been known to hack previously!

You are a total ass, i do not like you goodbye the end, thats it - you need to get a life rather than sticking up for Josh, you do not know what is on his computer, you don't live with him! i do not trust either of you! end of story

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2013, 05:02:01 am »
keep it constructive and civil or be deleted

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2013, 05:09:48 am »
I've never done anything to you DeadGraveyard (Jerry?) and I'm a nice person. I really don't deserve to be spoken to in that way. I am most certainly not an ass. My life is really great thanks, I don't need a new one. Josh is my friend and I am simply stating a fact, he never admitted to starting these attacks and he is not behind them.

I am not pointing the finger at KM but I can tell you right now that Josh and KM worked together on the winmxunlimited.net room listing service when Josh launched it and they were very close, they were friends just as me and Josh are friends and they have worked on things together just as me and Josh have.

And actually KM provided a server for a temporary period around when the attacks first started so that Joshes website could keep rooms listed in the channel list of WinMX on behalf of those who chose to list their servers on the site. Do you think if KM believed Josh was behind the attacks he would provide the server for that? Do you think either of them would waste their time and spend their money on hosting all this stuff if they were also the ones performing the attacks?

Your accusations about Josh make no sense, especially when taken with your defense of KM, his friend. I also just want to say I think you're being incredibly insensitive to me and Josh and while condemning others for their accusations you make your own. Don't be a hypocrite and don't be so offensive.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2013, 05:24:17 am »
DeadGraveyard, you ask a simple question and I will deliver a simple answer, KM has in the past done great work for all of the community theres no doubt about that but that gives neither him nor anyone else the right to attack the network or maliciously share information that was basically going to end up with the destruction of the network, you can read all of my posts made at the time of his first attacks where I made this same point and then retired from being head of the site here as I felt removing the personal element would be both helpful to the community and enable Michael to move on instead of hurting the community to get at myself and Me_here whom he bullied with nasty phone calls.

You can further read the conversation myself and KM had with many tens of ordinary users watching that was posted on the forum here some years ago, he makes it clear he is both unrepentant and has no care for the end game of his actions and activities, I on the other hand have been working hard with others in the meanwhile to try to bring a new client to those that feel that our community is worth something and friendships are worth saving, KM dropped out of this community back in 2007 others have also done great things without fanfare and most continue to do so, please take the time to do some research and you,ll see that with or without KM this site would still be here albeit with maybe a different solution type however back in 2007 Eagle made sure the community was given new tools that did not rely on KM and thus his involvement from then on was negligible, those are the facts and I feel your overstating the case if you feel KM did everything when the reality is he was a good coder but the rest of the work done by wmw was done by others.

You have my forgiveness for being angry with our current situation, we are seeing an old freind be beaten by a thug when its already lying on the floor, however this situation will not last forever and we all need to pull together instead of dissenting simply out of frustration and anger.

Offline DeadGraveyard

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2013, 05:32:55 am »
Please just say its just an attacker that has nothing to do with KM the more you blame him the more your blaming yourself from what Pri said, about him joining forces in creating the channel lister it would be pointless for KM to be involved if you keep blaming him like you did the previous page, thats all i request stop pointing the fingers more work on the client the sooner the better basically !

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2013, 05:37:10 am »
I cannot lie simply to please you.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2013, 05:39:07 am »
What I said was I don't believe KM to be behind the attacks that are happening right now. But he was 100% definitely behind the attacks right at the beginning before these ones started as he admitted it himself in the WinMXWorld channel. That was when he was making demands towards Ghostship and WinMXWorld. I believe he demanded Joshes IP removed from the WMW blocklist and for Ghostship to step down. Then after he got his way he did leave and the attacks did stop, at this point I believe (and this is again just my opinion, based on no real facts) that KM left and did not start the attacks we are currently under.

I really don't know who is behind these current attacks. There are a number of people known to me who have the capability to do it but that doesn't necessarily mean they have the inclination. I don't think KM for example is petty enough to keep this attack going for two years straight. But on the other hand I don't really know the man on any level, I only really know of him having spoken to him on a few occasions.

One thing for sure though, simply willing these attacks to stop and pointing fingers won't do anything. We must take control of our own destiny and I put my full support behind a replacement client and when it is finally delivered I will do what I can to promote its usage.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2013, 05:59:39 am »
I know him very well, I know of what attacks he undertook and the form they took against not just the network but also the innocent peer cache operators, the current attack is nearly identical to his original attacks bar it uses a different packet exploit but the exact same form and mechanism, I have no doubt 1000% that it is his work and with help from NB who is also shown on this forum in another log admitting he too attacked the network, when they admit it so openly its not really me making up stories is it.

I find your assertion of Josh co-operating with KM as regards the chat list somewhat concerning btw Pri, Josh send me a screenshot of KM gloating over the attacks and implying Josh was going to get the blame, I did in fact fall for this feint until Josh showed me the message so it seems a bit of poor judgement to then work with the same guy that was laughing at Joshs expense, perhaps Josh can clear that up one day.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2013, 06:04:33 am »
I was replying to DeadGraveyard with what I said before. And I saw the same log you did about KM saying it would be Josh who would get the blame but I really don't remember the context of that exact log now, it was some time ago.

And I thought everyone knew about them working together at the early stages of the attack on the WPN Listing thing, it wasn't a secret and even the rooms that were listing in the channel list had winmxunlimted.net at the front of their topics because they had chosen to list their rooms on the site and run their servers in offline mode as not to be overwhelmed by the traffic they were receiving.

If KM has admitted to performing this attack the one we are currently under then it is news to me.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2013, 06:17:17 am »
This will refresh your memory I hope

http://i.imgur.com/WdROi.png

As I say it clearly demonstrates poor judgment on Joshs behalf to then team up with such an abusive person.

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2013, 06:27:56 am »
Hey guy's, why not we all try to get this flooding stopped ? why not help with the new client ?
What i understand here, we all are interested to get WinMx to and running again i full old order, then after help with the pieces on the new client.
Well i don't know any of you, not that i know off, done things and bit's for DC, and little more +/- 10 years ago, under another nickmane.
Why can't wee all walk the same direction and get this network up and go ?

If there is one coder who are to made a brand new client by him self, this will take very long time, code 8 - 12 hours a week, guess he allso have a life too
then in the meanwhile this old cliet need to do the work, all you who are skilled should help sort this out to find and stop this flood.

I am not yet sure if a new .dll can help, seems like this flooding don't have any with this .dll to do, but if we put our heads together, we might find
out of this... ?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2013, 06:29:27 am »
Yeah that is him. But to put that in context that was just before he started making demands. This was during the time before the current attacks.

The reason that KM did that is because you were adding users to the WMW blocklist. And in-fact Josh ended up on that list, his home line but he had nothing to do with the attacks it was KM.

From KM's perspective he was protesting that normal users and not Anti-P2P companies like MediaDefender were being added to the blocklist. That doesn't excuse what he did of course I'm just putting that log in context and why even after that Josh and he would still work together on other stuff.

You see after the present attacks began KM did make a server available that was able to create and send packets with forged originator addresses. That is how he was able to list all those rooms on the network with his demand messages and other rubbish. After he quit making demands he still had that server but nothing to use it for. Then the current attack started and KM denied to me and Josh that it was him and basically gave Josh the server to list rooms from WinMXUnlimited.net so that we could keep rooms listed during the attack.

Now perhaps this was subterfuge from KM to divert attention, make it look like he isn't involved. It is a valid possibility. But at the time no one knew KM was the one providing the server. Eventually the datacentre that rented KM that server changed their networking equipment and included some kind of packet inspection so creating the forged packets became impossible. We looked (Me and Josh, without KM) for a suitable alternative but we could find none within the amount of money we wanted to spend on it. It was prohibitively expensive.

But really this situation with them two working together on the room listing thing was a very long time ago, almost two years now. They have not worked on anything since to my knowledge and I've not heard him speak of KM in a very long time.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:14 am »
I don't think a Patch is worth the effort as I have stated on so many occasions now its becoming tedious, however you do have the right outlook Harrara.

If folks want to help out with the new client then there is a way ahead and that's to find some more coders to work on it perhaps from the Emule community as those are the guys who have the skillset we need, the new client is being programmed in MFC and Emule is programmed in the same language thus those are the coders we need.

For those who are going to use Linux etc this new client will work on Wine but better than that we have another coder who is working on a cross platform version as a backup project that will likely overtake the MFC version at some stage thus allowing support across most platforms however we need something urgently and thus if we can round up a few decent and helpful folks we can be finished sooner, theres little point in sharing anything with those who are not skilled in programming thought folks so please act as a filter if you know of someone who may have the skills we need, we honestly don't have time to teach folks, we need a semi pro or decently skilled amateur, or better a few of them.

@Pri:

I take umbrage at the work "Users", KM knew he was being targetted and why, Josh obtained an apology but it was in line with common sense to block the packets marked as originating from his IP as they where causing disruption, when it became clear he was an innocent party he received an apology from myself and I have since them held him as a victim in this mess, it does however make common sense to block those with the known capability in the first instance even if its simply to rule them out of the attacks as that is in fact what I said to Josh at the time. The blocklist was set up to block attackers and that's what its been used for, Josh understood why he was temporarily excluded, out of anyone he knows the weaknesses and thus was I suspect rather happy to have been ruled out so quickly.

In case it needs pointing out no one was being blocked before the attacks took place and thus its clear the whole situation was engineered by KM as he knew the attacking IP would be blocked and then he used that as a pretext to justify his overt attacks and open disruption.

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:36 pm »
GhostShip by your comments it seems the new client is a long way off
so how come it was rumoured to be released last September.

I have read here that there were unexpected problems but even
allowing for this (and nothing personal to anyone) something just doesnt add up
with this new client.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
The frustrating thing for us all is that the client is not really a long way off in terms of functionality but we have had some serious delays with the transfers operation, those delays alone have cost us 2 months and continue, put simply we are newbies to such technologies and this is reflected in the lack of progress while testing and further study are undertaken, I know the truth often sounds boring but it is the truth and whilst I would have liked many times to have had something ready for the extremely patient users of this under seige network  there is no magic wand to wave that will fix all our problems and you know that in your heart.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2013, 09:49:21 pm »
@Ghostship

You shouldn't take umbrage because Josh was a user so it was true, you did block users on the list. And I believe KM was at the time referring to Sabres IP's being on the list before Josh and that was the pretext he used to justify his attacks at that time. Then after Josh was added that was just another thing for him to cling to.

I really don't care what excuses KM uses to justify what he did because none of them are valid to me. He should never have done it in the first place and whatever was going on at the time with the blocklist had nothing to do with him anyway as he had left the community years prior. It was obvious as you just said that he was just out to cause mischief.

But my point originally is that he hasn't taken credit for these attacks the ones we have been under since about March 2011. He took full credit for the first set the ones where he made demands but not these. Now I'm not naive of course it could be him, just because he doesn't take credit doesn't discount him being involved. I'm just saying we don't really have evidence to back it up and without him coming forward we will never really know if it is him or not. Regardless pointing fingers about who we think is behind it wont change anything, it's just wasted energy at this point.

I only posted in this topic originally because I didn't like Jerry saying the attacks were Josh that's all. I couldn't care less about KM.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2013, 10:11:44 pm »
If packets with Joshs IP on them are hammering the network does it not make sense to block such attacks ?

I hope you have some documentary proof for your new claim that KM was upset about Sabres indexing server being blocked when it was blocked under KM'S own direction here, I havent ever heard such a claim.

It has to be stated that you seem to waste a lot of your time attempting to imply KM is not the attacker, it serves you no credit to defend Michael and further in a post here admit yourself and Josh had dealings with him even while he was attacking the network for whatever made up reason.

Your posts have been helpful in adding hitherto missing peices to the puzzle for many users, most have said they where not aware of KM creating a tool to damage the network and of course its a clean cut coincidence that this same method of attack is still the one in usage and a further leap-of-the-imagination style coincidence that KM still has a server in Germany that your obviously unaware of, why dont you excuse yourself from making any further comment as it seems you really have no idea of what KM is about and the lengths he has gone to to attack the network.

I used to work with the guy every day for 3 years, I know him very well and whilst my energies are geared towards keep whats left of the network operational his are simply aimed at running exploits undertaken out of malice and spite.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx