gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 01:33:04 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 89432 times)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2013, 05:08:10 pm »
just to put a few things straight and GhostShip correct me if I'm wrong

KM being in the team that created the first version of our network servers does not make him alone THE savior of the winmx network

secondly to refresh memory why sabres servers where put on the blocklist
sabre objected against the use of the dll patch which included a blocklist as he wanted an open network with access for every one. On his request only his servers were placed on the blocklist and though he will deny when asked, his servers blocked the dll

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2013, 06:46:02 pm »
The base src that all the peer caches where built on came from Drac the Japanese coder who unselfishly gave the community his experimental code and I myself passed it to both KM and the pie group, the DLL idea was first thought of by a user named 7en who used to post here and on Slycks and if folks look his original idea can still be seen there (slycks), so we have some code and some ideas but without KM it would have been a long time before we reached where we are now, he provided servers and his programming skill to help us all and set up the blocklist in the form it is today, we have much to thank him for that's not open to dispute but since 2007 he found it all too much for him and decided to leave the community, since then he has done many malicious things and said many untruths, it seems he believed that it was only him holding the whole network together and when he found out it wasn't he turned nasty and has continued upon that path to this day.

Sabre has been blocked simply because when it was discovered that mediadefender where using his peer caches as the primary entry point to connect to the WPN he refused to do anything about it and thus any IP's indexed by his peer caches are automatically delivered to our enemies, that is the reason he is blocked and will remain so as far as I know.

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2013, 09:23:28 pm »
So which decade can we expect this new client  :lol:

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2013, 09:30:47 pm »
The one you're in, where you're at, ANTS
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2013, 09:32:10 pm »
I was always taught, even as a young kitten, if you dont wanna get in and help the folks doin stuff, dont criticise or hinder the ones that ARE doing the work
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »
Why bother with a weekly update thread when the updates are more like monthly.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:32 pm »
If you looked carefully you would notice this thread wasn't started by any members of staff or the development team. Im sure the fella that started the thread had good intentions, but as with most projects, sometimes things click together and moves along rapidly and yet other times, you hit roadblocks where progress is slowed, therefore nearly impossible to announce a specific completion date etc. But as Bluey said it's much easier to sit and criticize  eh ANTS? Some people have no decency whatsoever  :tired:

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2013, 12:15:11 am »
I'm pretty sure this has already been explained to ANTS before. What are your motives for your usual negative post ANTS?
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2013, 02:50:05 pm »
OK so what progress has been made since the last "update"?

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2013, 05:46:31 pm »
Does anyone got some bug spray lol

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2013, 06:29:52 pm »
I got some ant powder :)

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2013, 06:36:08 pm »
Same old bullshit.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:13 pm »
What do you expect ANTS when all your post are so negative. It's either get angry with you or try to humor ourselves.  You have been told multiple times that when progress has been made it will be reported.  They are at no obligation to even do that.  I know many people are frustrated, but that's no reason to take it out on those trying to fix the problem.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03:39 pm »
I take that back ANTS. You only anger yourself, and think with your emotions. You don't anger me, but you do indeed anger yourself. Why do you do that to yourself? Your frustrations will do nothing to bring us closer to our goal.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »
Tbh Ants as far as progress since the last mention goes we make progress all the time but much of it is in small increments and thus hardly worth coming here to say I fixed a problem with a string or a added some status flags for such and such section, as the others mention you have heard all of this before and yet still want to stomp about the forum being rude, is that how you want myself and others to remember you when we sit about thinking of the grey and bleak days we faced back in 2011-13 ?

We all want some sort of end to the attacks, grab a sackful of patience and have faith as the alternaitve is simply to drive others away and waste the time of those trying darn hard to restore our fortunes, we will all get by, lets do it together and united as we have done before.

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »
Well stated GhostShip.....Now can we please stick to the thread topic?   :yes:

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2013, 11:50:43 pm »
I heard the developers are finalizing the tea protocol to have the right balance of tea so you always have a perfect brew. I think a coffee one will soon follow.

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2013, 01:28:33 am »
green or black tea?

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2013, 03:33:18 am »
Proper tea, none of that flavored rubbish :D

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19:01 am »
some may want to know a ant was fixed by replacing a colon by a semicolon
 oops I mean a bug has been fixed

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx