gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 08:10:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 89427 times)

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2013, 02:15:10 pm »
Yeah the first secondary only client was based on RoboMX but the newer one isn't.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:46 pm »
mxmoni and hammer are not good enough, but very nice.
Development of these, at a later upgrade, I mean...

Harrara, i believe that the code for Moni may be available, there are several customised versions already, hammer i dont know much about...

The version of Moni that I use seems stable enough, mainly a settings difference, but runs happily under W7-64 Pro

When i tried LeechHammer in the past, it seemed to become unstable if left running awhile, under XP

Since neither would be built into the new client, perhaps theres a task there for u to look at, updating and improving them

Moni would benefit from some extra options, like your maximum number of incompletes idea, and removal of some ability to ban

Hammer just needs work...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:40 pm »
Hmmm... yea

only seen what is on this site, pm me with the URL for other versions ;)

i might do any usefull after all...

BTW, any interesting progress on the client ?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2013, 01:41:12 am »
Some more good progress has been undertaken and whilst theres still stuff to be finalised and loose-ends-a-plenty to tie up its still all going well and some further testing has also been done to look at testing methods of anti throttling, obviously the developers want you to have the best tool they can deliver for the initial release and so now is a good time to add moderate level new things and tidy up whatever needs it, as always not enough coding time in each day but plenty of love is going into this and I for one am sure you will see concepts and ideas that each of you have asked for in some shape or form in the near future.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/new_wpn_client_preview.html

I wonder who will spot the new image first ?    :-D

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2013, 07:09:47 am »
Hmm.. I can't remember which screen shots we had posted before.  Was it the search screen by Minimum Line, Filetype, and Minimum bitrate?
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2013, 08:40:20 am »
Nope  :)

A lot of folks havent been noticing that the images are put up as the functions become operational, thus whilst one was put up this week others have been placed there after the page started, any more guesses ?

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »
Browse to download?

Looking at the search window does that mean that hash searches cannot be performed?  Also the filetype search does that only work on the filetype meta data or does it actually look for .mp3 files?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:53 pm »
You have spotted the right one. well done RebelMX  8)

Hash searches are coded in, and both I believe.

As part of the anti fake file mechanism you will only ever see strings that match what you search for and as you yourself Know RebelMX the searches are type specific when you initiate the search, I hope that answers your queries.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2013, 08:52:41 am »
I am impressed with all!

When can I have it?!

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:41 am »
Commenting on the filetype search, and bearing in mind Richy's questions, while searching specifically FOR .mp3's may be common, the inverse is currently possible, ie: any Non .mp3 audio file, as well as Any audio File

Similar would occur with video, will we need to search separately for .avi, .mpg, and .mov etc

And of course, other filetypes, be they archive, text, formatted text, even something like a visio file or autocad file

The current (old) client lets us do all that

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2013, 01:13:31 pm »
There is always going to be scope for improvement Bluey, I,m responsible for the drop down boxes as they are a lot easier to program in than umpteen mutatable menus, obviously the aim of the project was to replicate everything we could from the original client but I also have to weigh that against the further delays adding that bit would have cost us, so for now we make usage of that method and work will still go on to bring you the classic look when possible, I like to think this is reasonable and acceptable.

Tbh there are many places where I would like things to be better or different but it really is a balancing act on what the development team can deliver and in what time span, we are all more than aware that this client is way overdue and decisions have to be made accordingly, this is a rolling project however so have no fear that any time saving component will remain there forever, that is not the case.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:58 pm »
sorright, Ghosty, just wondered about the filetypes range

also wondering about compatibility with all our favourite external tools, be they chat clients, download/queue managers (moni etc) and others

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2013, 01:42:18 pm »
The download managers will I suspect be the first casualty as they rely on the WinMx.exe, the new client is completely different internally so a new version would have to be created or a system built into the client as standard, such decisions are not a current priority and there would I expect need to be some discussion on the topic and feedback on this matter from the community.

Part of the idea of creating this new client is to entice those who want new features to get involved in creating them in a similar fashion to the emule "mods" type of arrangement, the basic client maintainer can either add such creations or not according to the community's wishes, as long as we don't have 50 clones of the clone projects out there of dubious quality but a few key developers we all know and trust I think we will be ok and get improvement and updates in a faster fashion, the major delays have all been down to lack of programmers, when its remembered that nearly everything you see in the new client has had to be made from scratch and thus new methods researched for each type of winmx style control or view you can for a moment envisage the scale of whats been done.

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2013, 10:12:05 pm »
...and thanks to many for that...    This is on track.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2013, 01:55:10 am »
Well, do whatever you need to do. I would rather wait the extra time for a more complete, and higher quality client.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2013, 04:37:03 am »
Well, do whatever you need to do. I would rather wait the extra time for a more complete, and higher quality client.

It might be a luxury to wait for all functions and features to be in A1 condition but the development group are doing their best to balance potentially useful features with vital ones, currently we have 5 quality testers and they are doing a great job in digging out problems or issues that need urgent attention, this is helping speed up the work by focusing attention on the areas that are regularly used and means C grade problems or issues are  non important ones , with those we can take our time to resolve any issue whereas if the search button was broken it would be a disaster  :gum:

I would like to say on behalf of the development group a big thank you to the alpha testers who are working their way through the client and of course a bigger thank you to some members of the staff here for also joining in the hunt , as the bug count decreases we will expand the test group until a beta release is possible and from that moment on we will hopefully be in great shape, as always thank you all for your unending reservoir of patience and feel proud to be flying the community flag even though we have taken a beating of late, as some of you may remember from one of our lyte section images our motto here:  "Never Surrender", it seems we never have and need not change such fine habits.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2013, 08:06:52 am »
Just a small update folks, the activity for most of the last week has been fixing bugs and we are still woring our way through a list, we hope to deliver another test release to the testers pretty soon and gain further feedback, work occurs each and every day and will continue to do so  :-D

[UPDATE] test version 3D released.

Offline thunderwinds

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:29 am »
With the rising popularity of tablets, has anyone considered adding Android and iOS to the list of compatible platforms?  I know it's a lot of extra work, but many tablets are as good as the average laptop of a few years back.

« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:50 am »
it's been considered but certainly not the highest priority.
I would think linux and OSX would be higher on the list.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2013, 04:46:03 am »
I'm sure in the future many approaches will be taken to heighten the appeal of the network for other platform users and to that end there is a second cross platform programming effort that's run separately from the current main client being undertaken albeit at a slower pace, its plain to anyone looking ahead that the ability to operate on many platforms is something that's going to be of increasing relevance and appeal and we hope to focus further programming effort on that secondary task once the initial goal of securing the network from attack has been met.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx