gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 08:09:24 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 89426 times)

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2013, 01:18:28 pm »
Very Nice! When can we get our hand on the beta client?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2013, 08:59:56 am »
Its not Beta yet my friend  :)

We are trying to get our testers a weekly release schedule atm and when they say there are no issues that they can find we will then move to beta status and you too can get your hands on the gold, we are still working our way through a list of bugs and missing features and removing excess code as well as improving what we have as you would expect, tbh if we didn't have so much to lose I would have liked to have handed out the alpha to folks to test too just so they could see we are not too far off and to give real hope but with so many anti-wmw folks ready to jump on even the smallest of bugs we are taking the more time consuming but safest route, It may be a lot later than anyone has wished for but we are at least now in a position where we can see the end and know whats left to do to bring it to release state, after that the community itself will be expected to help guide any further improvements and new features, that for me is the day when the users once again take back control of the network from the criminals who who been abusing the network and its userbase for so long.

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:32 am »
Sounds good. So, what is the current scheduled plan of action, if any. Us eager fans would really like a timeline please.

« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2013, 02:44:47 am »
Ghostship outlined the plan of action in the previous post

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »
Its not Beta yet my friend  :)

We are trying to get our testers a weekly release schedule atm and when they say there are no issues that they can find we will then move to beta status and you too can get your hands on the gold, we are still working our way through a list of bugs and missing features and removing excess code as well as improving what we have as you would expect, tbh if we didn't have so much to lose I would have liked to have handed out the alpha to folks to test too just so they could see we are not too far off and to give real hope but with so many anti-wmw folks ready to jump on even the smallest of bugs we are taking the more time consuming but safest route, It may be a lot later than anyone has wished for but we are at least now in a position where we can see the end and know whats left to do to bring it to release state, after that the community itself will be expected to help guide any further improvements and new features, that for me is the day when the users once again take back control of the network from the criminals who who been abusing the network and its userbase for so long.

If you do decide to kick a field goal make sure you do so with the laces out...

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »
Weekly updates my arse  :lol:

« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »
I think if you'd followed the thread you see noone's promised weekly updates

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2013, 03:31:50 am »
Perhaps some angst would be avoided if the title were to be changed to "New Client Update News"?

« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2013, 06:36:32 am »
I think those with the angst would find something else to angst about.
The thread wasn't started by any of the wmw team or the volunteers so I'd rather leave it as is.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2013, 08:19:55 am »
Since the last post by myself in this topic we have taken time off for a birthday, a hard drive failure and other adventures that I didnt post here, however nothing was lost just one of our machines damaged lightly that is more an annoyance than a hindrance.
today version 6d has been released to the testers and as always our apologies for the delays.

This new release features fixes to the hotlist, transfers, chat server & many other areas.

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »
even though our community gets a little anxious in the wait,  we all have to remind ourselves this is a very strong community and has shown resilience over the many years it has been around.  If you have the need for results take solace in the fact that you are still coming to this forum and spouting off and showing "spunk".  Keep up the work and I sure hope you guys were running a RAID array when your hard drive crashed!  Other then that log on to one of our wonderful slavanap servers to connect with other users and establish "safe" and very fast peer to peer transfers...

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2013, 06:50:30 pm »
Perhaps some angst would be avoided if the title were to be changed to "New Client Update News"?

Indeed, folks will check for weekly updates as that is what it says in the title.

Then they give up  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2013, 07:13:40 pm »
Real winmxers never give up  ;)

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2013, 08:56:57 pm »
I feel like I have been a bit pushy with getting info on the new client so I just want to aplogise for that. Aslo, I would like to say, GREAT JOB to everyone who has participated in the development of the new client. I am confident we will have some hands on beta testing this summer (next 3-6 months) with the new client. Thank you GHOSTSHIP for your updates and suppoting the impatient users (me) in this journey. Please keep us updated as you have been and keep up the good work. I will do my best to pass the word along to the community users of the old client(s) to ensure the word gets out about the new client approaching. :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:23 pm »
No problem MSmithy  8)

I will of course pass such thanks along to the coding folks and spread round the love  :-D

This is the year that will see us 100% able to clear away any attacks and allow the users to take a stake in further network developement, we have many clever folks out there still and I too look forward to seeing many new ideas and developements trailed to ensure we always have the best network tools and topography for the community to use.

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2013, 12:03:49 am »
Great!  :D

Also, I'm not sure if this feature was recommended but, the ability to perm add users to your hot list would be nice.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2013, 02:43:13 am »
Also, I'm not sure if this feature was recommended but, the ability to perm add users to your hot list would be nice.

Such a thing would be down the road if it is even possible.

Offline LiveForeverNow

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2013, 04:19:56 am »
I don't see how perm-adding users to the hotlist would be possible, since users can normally change their usernames anytime. for that to work, they would need to be forced to make static account-like usernames that would not be editable.

Offline LiveForeverNow

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2013, 04:27:37 am »
and my other concern is that even when you do happen to release a working beta and/or a stable final version afterwards, what's to make people come back? you've been out of the running for far too long and tons of people have moved on, since it IS the internet and too many people have the attention span of a goldfish.

they try it once, it's not working, search results filled with foreign character crap. they try a month later, the same. they give it a couple months, come back and still same crap. 6 months later, same deal and they finally give up, intending never to try again. so how are you gonna bring them back?

are you gonna post notices on youtube or other video sharing sites, ask forumers from here to spread the word......how?

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2013, 05:48:00 am »
i think with the hotlist issue, if a user doesn't change their name, they have a static WAN ip and they always connect as a primary, their user name and hash possible wouldn't change.
but for all the other users, I think any way to permenantly add users to a hotlist would go against the privacy we get from using a decentralised system like winmx.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx