gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 12:36:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 89424 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:01 pm »
 :lol:

The numbers are pretty arbitrary tbh Einsteinus, we have been around the clock once already and so this is the second time around for us  :)

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2013, 06:55:21 am »
Make no mistake Joanne I too want the new client to be ready yesterday but when I asked for MFC programmers none arrived except those we already had so like yourself I am anxious as to when we will be ready with it but always be assured we are working hard to deliver to the testers and the folks in that order, a decent product that you will enjoy as much as the original client.

I have released a new test version to the testers (3D ver8), we are hoping to have another ready soon in the next fortnight.

Thank you GhostShip :)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2013, 09:12:38 am »
Just a stupid remark and maybe totally not relevant or applicable but I know cases where  programs crashing on close the cause has been found in an open thread often to find in the open connections where open connections can be network or database,

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:45 pm »
Theres nothing silly in your remarks Wonderer, the development team are pretty sure the issue is either a thread/thread synchronisation issue or a missed chunk of memory that's not being freed up at close time.

There are always more than one part being worked on and so theres no one actually sitting down to fix this particular bug at this time but when further features are completed and more time is available to spend on it we will do so, its akin to  making sure the house foundations are completed before jumping to check the wiring specs  :lol:

As always thanks for your continuing support and trust  8)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2013, 06:24:42 am »
replace thread with dummy thread doing nothing to find the culprit not regarding program functionality, just looking for proper shutdown an option?

or

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7344629/closing-side-thread-before-closing-the-main-form

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2013, 09:47:52 pm »
I'm sure we will get to the bottom of it, however the link you posted is for c# and we are not using that particular flavour  :)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2013, 10:12:15 am »
lol no matter the flavour the concept is all the same
compare speaking russian and chinese its different signs to say the same thing

in OS/400 to give an example the threads are called subsystems and on close down you report sub sytems closed down and if one hangs or exceeds expected shutdown time you report the delay....

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:07 pm »
Hmmm, no post since 6 June, 20 days!

Whooooooooooooooo!!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2013, 02:49:24 am »
Perhaps thats because theres nothing new to pass on to you good folks yet, work is still progressing and as always you'll all be the first to know when theres another chunk completed.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2013, 06:06:20 am »
And not having time wasted by chatroom trolls named Zoe

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #290 on: June 26, 2013, 06:40:20 am »
Indeed Bluey.

Some folks put themselves ahead of the que when it comes to their behaviour, unfortunately some of us no longer have time to waste as we have promised the community we are doing our best every day to bring them the tools for the future.

When folks come to the chatroom to ask about the new client I try to get there at least a few times a week to discuss matters with them and to demonstrate that we are accessible to all the users who have questions, recently its been only to find its the same person changing names and using both her own name and proxies to create drama and pick fights instead of asking anything about the new client, I cant comprehend such selfish behaviour really, on the one hand I find it more than annoying and yet I suppose if this young lady is really so uncaring of the community then she is suffering already in another form and we should perhaps pity her rather than get angry, those who suffer personality disorders of course have a valid excuse not to be able to fully control their activities and I hope this is the situation in this case as opposed to being simply out to get attention.

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2013, 05:31:32 pm »
So if it takes 3 weeks for nothing to happen then
at this rate of progress the client may never happen.

Seriously, you should tell it as it is and stop fobbing off people
with excuses and smokescreens.

Before you jump on me there are a lot of
users that would like to say a lot more
but dont have the courage to say anything.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2013, 06:57:40 pm »
I dont remember saying that nothing had happened, I thought I had stated openly that the module thats being worked on is not yet completed, if thats not what you read then accept my apologies but thats the current status Joanne.

We do all want the same thing and what was asked for from the users was simply for folks to help if they can when a test is occuring and for others not to demand a daily report on the clients progress or advanced alphas especially when the only folks with both are the developers who need to focus soley on delivering on our promises.
I hope you agree that patience is something we all are short of but we have to undertake to ensure the survival of the community, if things ever get to a critcal stop state I will ask you all for help and move on from there, we are not yet at that state.

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »
I dont remember saying that nothing had happened, I thought I had stated openly that the module thats being worked on is not yet completed, if thats not what you read then accept my apologies but thats the current status Joanne.

We do all want the same thing and what was asked for from the users was simply for folks to help if they can when a test is occuring and for others not to demand a daily report on the clients progress or advanced alphas especially when the only folks with both are the developers who need to focus soley on delivering on our promises.
I hope you agree that patience is something we all are short of but we have to undertake to ensure the survival of the community, if things ever get to a critcal stop state I will ask you all for help and move on from there, we are not yet at that state.

You say  "for others not to demand a daily report on the clients progress" your
own thread title says New Client Weekly Update which to me means that
progress is such that a weekly update would be needed.

I suggest you look back at this thread and tell me how many "weekly updates"
there have been.

I have also seen on here that trolls are to blame for the delays in the release.
This is a pathetic excuse,  if the folks working on this either want it or they dont.

It is been too long now and you are running out of excuses.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:55 pm »
Of course, constantly and impatiently demanding a quick fix from Volunteers who dont have access to the source code and thus have to work as if feeling their way along an unlit cave of program code amounts to nagging, and nagging the people in the help room and then doing the same here is simply impolite, to say the least

Of course, If you were to demonstrate trustworthiness, you could offer to assist and might be allowed to help with coding, or testing, but I cant see either trustworthiness or helpfulness, not in a person who constantly nags the help room with assorted proxies and pseudonyms :baby:

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2013, 08:47:08 pm »
Furthermore, if you read what was written in the first post (Page 1) you would see that this thread was started as a place to report any doings, no guarantee was made of weekly updates, and the original poster was not even part of the development team

Now, Joanne, being a plant sent by another person, and being his nagging prodder and carrying on like you do will simply alienate you in the future

Shut up and wait patiently like the rest of us

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #296 on: June 26, 2013, 08:57:47 pm »
Moreover, the people that are working on the solution are volunteers, meaning that they are unpaid, and doing this work between normal paid work hours.

You could facilitate the work by paying them all a proper salary to work full-time on the project. They could then work as fast as you want, and you could even have some right to nag them about release dates, and have some say over how the finished product looks and works

But you can't, and won't, and nor can you dictate.

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2013, 10:07:17 pm »
I think Bluey has summed up the replies I too would have given you Joanne.

I hope you take stock of whats said in future and by whom, to labour the point, none of the staff here started this topic and thus have no obligation to try to live up to the original posters wishes also we have tried hard to deliver news of significant progress when it has occured, as I said in my news post recently, being rude and creating drama is simply a way to waste the time of those working on the new client, that happens to include me as your likely aware so before this topic sinks into some kind of claim and counter claim fest I will say thank you for your visit and to have a good evening, I feel your agenda and mine are not identical and thus have more pressing matters to attend to that will in due course I hope meet with your approval.

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2013, 03:29:18 pm »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHEEP  :oops:

« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »
I think Joanne has made it pretty clear why she is here and what she has really set out to achieve

people like this are unwelcome on this forum

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx