gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 18, 2024, 01:23:27 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 89418 times)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #320 on: July 06, 2013, 01:47:08 pm »
GS did you still not press the ignore button?

It would not be smart to give out a timeline as there are many things that can go wrong.
By all means, winmxworld is no company that can be pinned down on any SLA.

One of the main things we have proven to be able to is keeping a network up 24/7 without any outage for a very long time. Many big companies will be jealous to achieve that.

What would a new client help if there would not be such a stable network?

« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2013, 02:39:21 pm »
Ghostship does not manage the forum these days.
While there are sometimes that I think it would be beneficial to just ban Joanne from the forum and delete her posts as she clearly has no interest in the new client, no love of the community and her intent seems to be just to antagonise wmw but her actions trivialise the real concerns of many. However I feel it better for now to leave it as is so others can see the mentality of some members of the community. While the developers strive and work hard, other trivialise everything we as wmw strive for and what the community believe in.
While Ghostship still parks in the wmw help room now and then, if he can respond to someones questions about the new client he generally does.
However, of late the questions have not been from a genuine user but have been of the same ilk of these posts, aimed purely at antagonisation for entertainment.
It seems the conflict through winmx has moved. Previously, with the "patch wars" as an example, the conflicts existed between parties who passionately believed in the best for the community. The conflict only being the methodology in achieving the best. Now it seems some of the conflict is created purely for some peoples entertainment as is clearly seen here.

What I hope these people will one day understand is the great things achieved by this community. Despite many setbacks, the community still operates 24/7 as wonderer has pointed out. People attack things they don't understand, maybe one day they can feel like they are part of something like this community.

Without the unsung efforts of many in the community, the network would not be what it is. Cache operators, developers, room hosts, helpers and every user. We have had those who needed to proclaim how much they have achieved and those who continue to deliver services to the community while only a handful know who they are and what they do.

Unfortunately we also have those who want their moment in the sun but have contributed nothing. They can put their point forward as anyone can, but they haven't done anything for the community to take them seriously.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »
Well said Silicon  8) 8) 8)

The WinMx community is one community that we can all be proud of being members of when it comes to commitment, and as I post many times I might have a loud voice but there are many key community members behind the scenes here who both support this site, the network and the developers of the new client.

Without such unsung support we would not be in our current favourable position and I believe the network would be a bleak shadow if not already dead without such folks supporting it for many years, instead we are still fighting the good fight and winning new ground each day, a family of friends who can rightly be proud to say they are "WinMxers", a term that should be used describe a collective of unselfish folks who fight tremendous odds and never give up because they have trust in each other.

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2013, 08:49:45 pm »
It is always the same two users who reply, says it all WINMX is DEAD  :lol:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #324 on: July 07, 2013, 08:54:28 pm »
some of us have seen enough fighting for two lifetimes... with the new client almost complete this particular argument seems pointless

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #325 on: July 07, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »
Man, I would HATE for any man to have to experience that Joanne creature as a spouse, what a horrid snarky, nag of a woman she would be...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2013, 12:17:37 am »
Still preparing my music arsenal just to be well equipped when the new client is out.

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:22 am »
Joanne, no one is "shooting you down.." You seem to fear that the new client will be realized. Why? What harm is it to you? Why not take Einseinus' suggestion and begin an open nap server? This is within your reach. Do you really tremble with fear, as you suggest "WinMX is dead!: because you see life? If WinMX dies, how would this benefit you or anyone?
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline LiveForeverNow

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #328 on: July 13, 2013, 02:19:08 am »
lol and I thought I was a pessimist.

Offline metaldude

• Forum Member
« Reply #329 on: July 13, 2013, 08:17:20 am »
Wow one could allmost be forgiven for thinking this joanne is actually KM itself or if not so far up his arse she has become part of him.
 Either way why dont he/she/it crawl back under the rock they come from or  do something positive instead of spouting off and looking a fool :s

Offline metaldude

• Forum Member
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2013, 08:30:00 am »
Anyhow to get this read back on topic.
I as i am  sure along with many others check in here time to time to see how things are going and am too looking forward to  the release however long it takes and will also have files ready to go.
Keep up the good work there are a majority who have faith dont let the minority undermine your efforts
Regards Metaldude

Offline dapperwin

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2013, 11:53:19 am »
This is my First post here in a few years (see Joanne, there ARE others). I am a programmer by trade, but not in the language you might have needed. I am also getting older, therefore more impatient. However, as a programmer, I fully realize the task that is being undertaken here; especially by people who are doing this on the side, unpaid, and who DO have other lives. I believe the only error made, if it was an error, was the announcement of intent to release :) winmx on the 'traditional' September release date (last year).  This helped assuage the fear/impatience of the membership, but gave an unrealistic timetable. It also gives, even today, fuel for those people who seem to think the release is taking too long. It isn't.  I, myself, have worked on creating new manufacturing systems for midrange systems, and with a team of people, that took 2 years.  I, too, am impatiently waiting for the 'new' winmx. But in the meantime, let's all get a grip, and wait, and just give a 'tip of the hat' to the people who are working on this! :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2013, 02:17:12 pm »
In hindsight it was a bit premature to talk of a release last September but when I was looking at the rate of initial progress we where flying along and thus I didn't factor in for any changes in that.

There has been a lot to research and rework and in some areas we are still a bit behind but we are back up to a full crew of developers and perhaps one more to join the effort to try to get things finalised enough for an initial public release, in the run up to the release I will be releasing further internal information to the core group here on wmw so they can get familiar with how its all been put together and be ready to help fix any issues that might arise, this is the best way ahead I believe, we cant have the whole project relying on the good will of a few folks when it should be a task of all those who can help in the community to do so, we have some great code in the bag and I'm sure when folks actually get their hands on the client they will be more than happy to see its not much different to our beloved original and thus there's no big learning curve as would be the case if we had simply made something different, its great to see real users once again giving short shrift to anti-winmx folks who come here to troll the forum and I thank those of you who have made the effort to post your support here as it really does give a renewed sense of impetus to the developers who are as you might expect a bit worn after such a long time but still continuing on the task with high spirits. 

My big thanks to all of you for your support  8) 8) 8)

Offline untaimed18

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2013, 02:09:48 pm »
Well I've been waiting ever since the first announcement and I am so looking forward to the first release. It's been well worth the wait! I used WinMX back in the day before Gnutella and Bittorrent and all that, so I can't wait to see the network get back to what it used to be!

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2013, 02:48:31 am »
Joanne, no one is "shooting you down.." You seem to fear that the new client will be realized. Why? What harm is it to you? Why not take Einseinus' suggestion and begin an open nap server? This is within your reach. Do you really tremble with fear, as you suggest "WinMX is dead!: because you see life? If WinMX dies, how would this benefit you or anyone?
  Thanks Blue..and I might add it a great way to meet folks and date.  In running Slava Networks I have the pleasure of traveling to the Netherlands for a few months and have periodic reunions with other network owners and users all over world.  A few of us are getting together in Toronto some from Israel one from Fargo ND and all of us met on WINMX many years ago...their are people I have loved and never met and many more that have passed on, some way too young but they had thousands of friends on Facebook ....many built on relationships started from WINMX.  So Joanne GIRL you just gotta get out and live a little..don't be such a wall flower...

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #335 on: August 09, 2013, 12:34:58 am »
So....how is everyone?....How is the client coming along? Who else is excited? =D

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2013, 08:43:15 am »
How is the client coming along?

Always a good question. Slowly would be the correct word, there are still two areas that need attention and of course work is continuing to address those, I will make a definitive announcement at the start of Sept to let you all know if we are going to hit the release date, atm we still have time to do so comfortably if we can get all of the coders working on it at the same time, this hasnt been the case recently due to real life commitments for some of them but there is still much confidence we can "work the oracle" and place the work of some years into the hands of those who have been patient.

I too am excited btw its just when you have seen most of the new client already the focus is a bit skewed towards its completion so the rest of you can get a look at it , then I hope we can all collectively enjoy the network again as we have been accustomed to up until recent years.

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #337 on: August 09, 2013, 06:56:21 pm »
How is the client coming along?

Always a good question. Slowly would be the correct word, there are still two areas that need attention and of course work is continuing to address those, I will make a definitive announcement at the start of Sept to let you all know if we are going to hit the release date, atm we still have time to do so comfortably if we can get all of the coders working on it at the same time, this hasnt been the case recently due to real life commitments for some of them but there is still much confidence we can "work the oracle" and place the work of some years into the hands of those who have been patient.

I too am excited btw its just when you have seen most of the new client already the focus is a bit skewed towards its completion so the rest of you can get a look at it , then I hope we can all collectively enjoy the network again as we have been accustomed to up until recent years.

He doesn't say which September  :lol:

Offline untaimed18

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #338 on: August 09, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »
He doesn't say which September  :lol:

I think it was obvious what he meant. Seriously, do you not have a life?? Job??

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #339 on: August 09, 2013, 08:47:46 pm »
I think it was obvious what he meant. Seriously, do you not have a life?? Job??

The answer to that would be fairly obvious as well.  ;) :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx