gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 14, 2024, 10:21:42 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 89378 times)

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2013, 09:02:29 pm »
Here come the suckers, post nothing but jump on everything  :lol:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2013, 09:52:38 pm »
Here come the suckers, post nothing but jump on everything  :lol:

Although that does apply to yourself and only yourself, i wouldn't call yourself a sucker, you should try and gain more self esteem and have a better outlook of yourself  :gum: ;)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2013, 10:26:05 pm »
Reef, how else does a profitable prophet get his information upon which to make 'amazing predictions' about the end of the world or whatever?
He sends out his stooges, altho I sense that this stooge is of a lower quality and has not been well coached in how to be an effective Mata-Hari.
Impressionable 13 year-old schoolgirls turn into rebellious 15 year-old schoolgirls who know everything, with all the tact and finesse of a 45-ton mine dumper truck.
I guess it's what you get when you shop at Walmart or Costco instead of somewhere more upmarket, the 'sweet jam tart' seems to be missing the sweet jam
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2013, 01:01:12 am »
In a word where September arrives in 2 weeks.....

:D

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2013, 01:34:12 am »
the client is pretty far along and i tinkered with an old version of it

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2013, 11:54:50 pm »
So, Smithy, you're trying to lock someone down to September 1?

I would take 'by September' as including the period up to September 30.

But really, when relying on part time volunteers to get the job done, and zero input from yourself except nagging, the concept of 'It will be ready when it's ready' should be ample

Besides, exactly what IS your hurry? Cant wait to search for a certain item? Maybe you do need to go out and 'buy' a CD or DVD...  Difficult concept?  Tough!!!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2013, 12:09:12 pm »
Nothing to that extreme. I am just trying to keep the forum light minded. Many people like Joann ruining what I started as thread to be a simple update out of the kindness of GhostShip's heart. I understand everyone is doing this in their own free time. The statement was to be comical, like in those movie trailers where the guy says "In a world where blah, blah, blah, blah...."  :)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2013, 08:00:35 pm »
Kindness... moi !!!  :evil:

Guys I know we are all a bit fed up but we need to remember we are all in this as fellow travellers and have to play nice with each other while we wait for the new client.

PS : Who said I have a heart ?  ;)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2013, 08:19:20 pm »
you don't have a heart when you are a robot :P
nice thing of robots is they are nice and trust worthy and a kind of kind depending on the programmers intentions.

my system detects you as a nice kind of nice kind robots but that may be a programmers failure.

uhmm what was the topic about?

« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01:54 pm »
he's a machine that's for sure

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:01 pm »
Haha...anyway.....there are 2 days left in August  :D

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:31 pm »
I will believe it when I see it  8)

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #352 on: August 30, 2013, 09:56:35 pm »
*turns screen around to face everyone* :whistle:

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »
Don't tell me joanne to be the only one not using the new client yet?

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #354 on: September 01, 2013, 10:54:58 am »
And here it is....again...September 1st  :D

I am excited! Hopefully the elves have been working hard to get the client out this month.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #355 on: September 01, 2013, 12:14:23 pm »
I will be consulting with all of the developers today and will deliver a serious report on where we are and what we need to get finalised for an initial release later on today. The project has and continues to be something that has brough many nights of proud fun to the developers and we hope to the final users very soon.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #356 on: September 01, 2013, 11:19:52 pm »
Thank you all for your patience today, lets get this report over with  :)

Before I continue I would like to make it clear that we feel we are able to meet the anniversary date for an initial release, so that will be the 21st of this month, I say this firstly as it might have seemed that we where releasing something today from my last post and that was never the case as most of you long term forum readers already know.

We have constructed the majority of the client minus any Open-Nap features as such things can be added in later if folks wish, our main priority was to secure the network primary side operations and those parts of the client are pretty much ready bar a few odds and sods, whats left to do is mainly in the secondary server side that supports the secondary clients. This is the last major piece of the work and a quantity of this is already completed with more work continuing until its fully completed, the library is also operational but could do with some further work, we are  looking to reach basic goals at this point and we expect to modify, upgrade and fix any issues as fast as we can over the clients lifetime, transfers up and down are in place as is the chat client side of things along with browse and whois functions in all the usual places, a major bug was fixed earlier on in the week and tests have been underway to try to ensure there is some linux compatibility (using wine).

I have been speaking with many of you in the chat community under a variety of different names , my apologies for the stealthy approaches but I was desperate to see what folks on the ground wanted to say and hear about as regards the new client , it seems folks are happy to see something in the flesh even if its an alpha or beta release and so although many of the features are in fact working pretty well this gives us further scope to meet the release deadline and actually get something into the hands of the community, this it would seem is preferred to simply the developers having all the fun  :lol:

I hope you are all happy with whats been stated here today, please feel free to ask any questions that are important to you and I will do my best to answer them to your satisfaction.

I have also asked the primary developer to make himself known to you all as he will be the public hand at the wheel of the project after its released and so its only fair you all get to meet and greet and build up a working dialogue with him,  so without further ado I thank you all again for your much appreciated support and patience and please look forward to the 21st and getting back to having some fun on this network, thank you folks, without you all we would not be here.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2013, 02:46:22 am »
i cant help but wonder how many bug reports RC1 will get

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2013, 02:59:12 am »
 :lol:

With many hard core users to rely on for feedback we should be able to get to the root of any issues pretty easily but it might be a wise idea to set up a single location for feedback  so potential new posters can see if the issue they have located has been logged already.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #359 on: September 02, 2013, 04:41:49 am »
this may come in handy; http://www.bugzilla.org/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx