gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 07:39:00 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 88868 times)

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 11:08:17 pm »
Looking forward to testing a beta!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline sweeper239

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:36 am »
I like many certainly miss the old WinMx. I hope you are using this site to make an e mail list of people to notify when you have the new program available for distribution. Not one for checking into these sites so I will just watch my mailbox. Thanks

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 12:20:28 pm »
the old clients update bar would be more efficient than sending a few thousand emails

Offline mind

• Core
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »
Congratulations on the work done thus far. Hope to see a release in the near future.

Offline MSmithy

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2012, 06:22:50 am »
Any more news or updates?

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 11:49:07 am »
I understand there has been an unrelated setback and there has not been any progress this week.

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »
I have had the pleasure of using winmx for many many years including prior to the crash way back when. At that time I had a dial up connection....argh.  It is also a pleasure to continue to use the winmx even right now during these times as I feel its my way of counteracting those who would prefer to see us all go away. If there is a need for service-please holler! Winmx'r 4 Life
roskybmydog

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 11:59:59 pm »
I,m pleased to see you understand why the attacks are still continuing Tylefouryou, the cowards who undertake to silence the network and its users would rather we all left them in charge so they can bully and harass those who don't march to their despotic tune, unfortunately for them the community is a lot more resilient and has intelligence far beyond their expectation,  the attackers will leave before anyone here does and with their tail between their legs  :yes:

This week has seen the completion of the main part of the multiple language support, there is some cut and paste work to do to match the old language files up to the new format but once that's completed you should be able to enjoy the new client in many language's of your choice.

Currently the developers are taking community input on which type of crypt implementations to use for the many areas of the network that need reworking and that will provide the new stronger base on which the network will flourish, of course we can expect the same attackers to try their best to create further attacks but now we have the src to a client it will be mere minutes of work to scupper their childish attacks, as of late we haven't seen much in the way of skill, more poorly coded brute force buffer overflow attacks to try to drive you all away before the new client can be deployed , its nice to know others besides ourselves are ready to stand up and be counted and are ready to laugh with us when the attackers are exposed and driven from the network.

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:08 pm »
As I have mentioned a few times before GS in other threads you are correct and not only that but just think how brilliant the interface is anyways it allows using and entire alternate network where I get make the decisions who gets to stay and trade great stuff. We all are aware that since this thing has been "sick" the advances made in fiber network instillation across the united states has made for some pretty terrific download speeds not to mention  the ability to provide uploads at a decent rate. While our don't have a life friends were sleeping on the job I noticed that some multi point downloads were breaking my speedometer....whoever figured out that a parallel universe was good in building the WinMx and for that matter Audiognome also was brilliant.........and as said before my measly server has been breaking new records with user numbers not only that I have met 3 or 4 new users in recent days from youngsters to a 63 yr professor ..so for what ever reason they seem to be coming out of the woodwork...maybe the election has something to do with it....no doubt the attackers are GOP members -- ha ha

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »
Weekly update  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
...As new developments occur they will be made public. I'm sure most can appreciate that much time can pass with seemingly no movement and then a rush of finished items in a short space of time.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 11:07:37 pm »
Please try to bear in mind that Silicon has no control over the flow of progress and initially thought we would have a steady stream of news whereas the reality is the development often jumps ahead a few features at a time and and sometimes nothing for a few weeks due to hitting a problem that takes a while to resolve, currently we are working on two such problems and when they are resolved we shall let him know so he can report the good news to you all, on the flip side of that news is better news, we have engaged the help of a third coder to the project, as always they are a trusted member of the community who had been away for a while but has come back to help, this is very good news and at a welcome time.

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 11:50:54 pm »
Just to point out that this thread wasn't started by anyone at wmw, for precisely that reason.

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 12:56:26 am »
Please try to bear in mind that Silicon has no control over the flow of progress and initially thought we would have a steady stream of news whereas the reality is the development often jumps ahead a few features at a time and and sometimes nothing for a few weeks due to hitting a problem that takes a while to resolve, currently we are working on two such problems and when they are resolved we shall let him know so he can report the good news to you all, on the flip side of that news is better news, we have engaged the help of a third coder to the project, as always they are a trusted member of the community who had been away for a while but has come back to help, this is very good news and at a welcome time.
Is his last name "Claus" by any chance?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »
If only  :lol:

Thanks for bringing some good cheer Einsteinus  8)

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 03:49:01 am »
Screen shots of it ???

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2012, 04:00:40 am »
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10797.msg62567#msg62567

think thats right anyway.... the goal is to make it look like the mx being used now so there isnt going to be much difference in looks... there will be extra stuff in settings and a few other small extras but nothing big..

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2012, 11:58:32 pm »
Okok nice  :yes:
Is there active bandwidth limiting ? adjust same as income
mx moni included ?
I am really looking forward to be working on the new one
Keep up the good work  :)

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 06:05:17 am »
Ehum...   any here ?  :alien:

As a father of a bunch of childre, i an aware that can happend things, but this is more like a retard home
does not happes any every 14 days....   wake up, it's christmas very soon !

New client is needed, but also a new patch for this old in the meanwhile, many says this is waste of time, well then i wasting my time writing a new patch so we can use winmx til the time a new release is here.
I am a car electronican, my wife is a pilote, sitting in fromt of a A340 , easy who are home with the kids, i am ! , and then i can write little.
I have done that earlyer when dc++ was the thing, hubsoft and oDc +++. (Yhub, Ynhub, PtokaX, Verli , DCM, DCDM +++ etz etz)
did this when my 5.ft and 6.th kid popped out, no more popping ( what i am aware of ) so let's see if i have time to finish

merry christmas and a very happy new year everyone, take care

br ME!

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 07:17:32 am »
good luck, sounds cool

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx