gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 08, 2024, 11:45:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client Weekly Update  (Read 88419 times)

Re: New Client Weekly Update
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2012, 01:33:17 am »
almost 6

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2012, 02:05:18 am »
Sorry to post again but I have to clear up a few inaccuracies that are creeping in for some unknown reason.

@harrara
There are "alpha testers" , they test what the developers deliver to them and provide valuable feedback.
The clients been built in a fairly modular way and this has meant some parts are completed before others and some parts have been non existent, to say there are Zero folks messing with it sounds a bit malicious and I cant see the reason for such a posting aside from noting you share the same ISP company as one of the known attackers.

@achilles
I don't actually know of any coders who are skilled enough to help out on the project, those who we all know of have stated that they do not code in the language we are using for this build, I have spent the last 3-4 years trying to get this same project off the ground and have a good understanding of the talent pool, those with the relevant skills are assisting the project, when theres a src release it will be possible that other coders can port the code or at least use the info contained within it to work on their own builds or create another building project to suit their needs but as usual theres a few snags that your all aware of, if the src is released at this time its simply going to be misused by anyone who holds a grudge like the cowardly attacker and his friend, far from not knowing who the attacker is I have been telling you all who it is from day one but I cant force anyone to listen.

I would once again like to make clear I have asked nearly all of the communities coders to do their own thing if they don't wish to join with our project and haven't yet seen or heard of anything occurring and tbh that's no suprise as it is a major undertaking to build something comparable to what we already have in hand, but I want to make clear we have assigned ourselves no monopoly and have stated the src code will be free to all once we have a decent method to protect the users and their security, that's not impossible just not the first item on the clone client list of TODO items.

I am pretty much the man to blame for missed release dates and all of you have my king-sized apologies for those dates not being hit, however I have always believed we would be well along and nearly ready when I  made the predictions and so I ask you all for forgiveness on that score, the initial excitement and good will  of all cannot always be translated into positive and continuous activity and hurdles and issues have been hit and tackled, if some hurdles disappeared overnight the client might be ready in a few weeks but its not honest to say that's going to happen so an open-ended release is perhaps the most sensible way but of course its being taken on board that the community seems to want some more feedback so they can gauge how things are going for themselves, I shall endeavour to reorganise our efforts to meet up with some of these goals in a more timely fashion but please be aware that our ultimate goal is to rebuild and improve then release not simply clone the current client and make the src code available with the many possible exploits being left in, that helps no one and might be the final nail in the coffin.

I better wish you all Happy new year as this is likely to be the last post before the page of this year turns and a new one opens so remember to all take care and enjoy yourselves as you welcome the new year, cheers folks.

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2012, 02:20:11 am »
@GhostShip
Then i suggest you let me know little about this attacker who also use NextGenTel as i am
any info ?
or is it a winmx client that trick you ? PM me with your info about this "attacker" please

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2012, 02:34:16 am »
Most here Know of NB and his friend KM, both have admitted at different times and dates to attacking the network and screenshots have already been posted here on the forum of NB saying just that, he is a NextGenTel customer like yourself Harra, you may well have no knowledge of who he is and what hes been up to but when you suggest we are doing little when I know thats not the case I have to look at your motives for posting, and I cant see any reason for you to make such assumptions thus I have to assume the worst.

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2012, 02:48:14 am »
It is allowed to be skeptical, clearly
For my part, writing an entire program of this dimensions, is unacceptable for me.
but small .dll goes

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2012, 03:07:58 am »
We did try to work out some solutions that would be ok for usge in a DLL but it soon becaome clear that the current network protocol is unsustainable when faced with 1 ex-developer and his drama creating side-kick who wish to abuse the community at large, any dll based fix would need to contain at least half the code of a client to be of any usage and be aware such malcontents monitor the network themselves to see if their methods are still having affect and have used many different attack vectors over the last 2 years its not always the same attack in usage as some may believe.

A quick look at the tcp network with the nushi sniffer will reveal the current attack method but expect to be writing a lot of code if you wish to keep up with their inane and mindless activites. 

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
  • Every new creation is the sum of old and new.
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2012, 03:26:26 am »
gs  great post :>

Offline DeadGraveyard

• Forum Member
  • Dedicating Time to Serve People HELP!
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2013, 05:23:46 pm »
@ ghostship, i'm sorry to inform you i do not believe someone who made such a great chat server is behind the attack, i find it weird that you can point a finger at him YET missing the common facts!!!

- When Winmxunlimited GOES down - WPN's ARE NOT FLOODED!! - therefore i'm actually, strange as it may seem, ACCUSING the one person that has PREVIOUSLY been known to HACK!! -

JOSH! now some may say but he is helping the network!!!
                       But is he really?! i serious here, you can't be saying he is helping by the channel list - why create something that isn't going to be used?! that is why i accuse him, because it IS being used while the wpn's are being flooded! - thats my answer to that!

KM has no part in this - i do not speak for him - i am my OWN person but from my observations it is clear it is something to do with WinMXunlimited!
And: FXS - [Admin Msg]  (209.160.*.*) Connection Failed | code 0
That i had words with Sabre over, according to him its something to do with the 3 way handshake that FXS has, but i give you my opinion, here,
If Josh is using his skills for the badness like he did previously, why on earth do so many of you accuse KM and his friends, next you'll be accusing me! OH WAIT YOU ALREADY HAVE DONE!!!

WITHOUT PROOF: YOU CANNOT TAKE SOMEONE TO COURT!
WITHOUT PROOF: YOU CANNOT SAY SOMEONES DONE SOMETHING WHEN CLEARLY PREVIOUSLY I'VE ASKED FOR PROOF!

I'm saying its Josh BASED on the fact of the website and the way that winmx seems to work without that website! please i do my research well...but I don't just go round the whole of winmx saying "oh i believe its josh....i don't have to give any reasons"

What are your Reasons for accusing KM ?!?

Offline DeadGraveyard

• Forum Member
  • Dedicating Time to Serve People HELP!
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2013, 05:36:24 pm »
oh and (sorry for double post)

@ GS again!: I could claim to be someone i'm not - that is your argument thrown out the window - cause anyone could claim to be KM but no-one actually knows the true person, i could argue i know KingMacro personally, but i don't if i did i would protect him again, because i would undoubtfully trust him over any of you...promised to have the client released by November - mid november at that! WE'RE IN JAN!! not freaking NOVEMBER!! GET A GRIP! stop accusing someone LEAVE KM ALONE - Start on someone who can defend thyself! Don't judge least ye be judged!

Another words! Judge one many would judge you! - again, Just because someone Claimed to be KM does NOT make it so

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »
Sorry to have to demolish your rant in a single sentence but KM admitted it was him, thus there is no guesswork involved.

Now please hold back your frustrations and be patient like the rest of the folks are being, the new client will arrive and you will then never have to care who you believe, second guessing who is telling the truth and who is telling lies is really a waste of anyones time.

Offline Adrian

• Core
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2013, 04:16:05 am »
Why keep the same ugly GUI as the old WinMX Client?

Just my opinion. It looks bland and ugly.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2013, 05:51:42 am »
Quote from: DeadGraveyard
And: FXS - [Admin Msg]  (209.160.*.*) Connection Failed | code 0
That i had words with Sabre over, according to him its something to do with the 3 way handshake that FXS has, but i give you my opinion, here,
If Josh is using his skills for the badness like he did previously, why on earth do so many of you accuse KM and his friends, next you'll be accusing me! OH WAIT YOU ALREADY HAVE DONE!!!

I can explain what you're seeing here. That Admin message is displayed when your server detects traffic from a new IP Address on its port number. For some reason FXServer treats any incoming packets on that port from an IP not already inside the channel as an establishing connection even if the connecting packets are invalid.

The reason you see that IP Address (209.160.78.73) is because it is the IP of the server www.winmxunlimited.net is hosted from. Now the reason the winmxunlimited.net website is sending packets to your server is quite simple, you have added your room to the WinMXUnlimited Channel Listing site and so periodically (I believe once per hour) it sends a single data packet to your server to verify the server exists and is online. If your server fails to reply to this ping the WinmxUnlimited website removes your room from the channel list.

This is all done to make sure that old rooms do not stay listed on the site including rooms hosted by people with dynamic IP Addresses. The list would become useless if there were 100 listings for the same room all with incorrect/invalid/outdated codes making the rooms fail to resolve. And it would also mean the hosts of those rooms couldn't remove them either as their IP's wouldn't match the room IP and as you know you can only add/remove rooms from the channel listing site if you share the same IP as the room.

To stop these errors from appearing in your channel you have two options, you can either not use the WinMX List anymore or you can switch to another server which doesn't display these errors such as ZCS, WCS, RSWCS, Ouka, EServe, RCMS and so on.

Disclaimer: I do work with josh on a number of projects on a day to day basis and we are both Administrators on a number of different services and channels on different networks but the important thing is that you're not being attacked by these messages and I just wanted to clear up any confusion surrounding the connection failed messages you are seeing.

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2013, 06:15:48 am »
Joshy ?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2013, 06:18:31 am »
As I said, I work with Josh but I am not him.

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »
The new client  :lol:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 12:56:58 am »
  :crazy:

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:53 am »
I heard it was stolen by aliens....

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2013, 02:12:12 am »
I,m sure some would like to believe that Will but those are the folks who dont use WinMX.

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2013, 07:19:52 am »
There were a couple of posts which were not of the standard I expect on this forum.
They have been removed.

Happy to face up to the continuing criticism about the lack of updates, thats fine, I understand everyones frustration.
I'm not happy to allow it to descend into postings of an abusive nature.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2013, 10:50:04 am »
happy new year to all of you and I wish to say I regret we are still wasting so much time on the abuser of winmx
Its known and being worked on and that is good enough for me
I'm hosting a room that has a small though very faithfull group of users patiently waiting for the final fix and not minding if that will be this year next year or after 10 years.
They are holding up the network how wacky it may be, lets talk about these users and ignore the abusers

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client Weekly Update

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 28 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx