gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:39:55 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Latest Java software opens PCs to hackers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Latest Java software opens PCs to hackers  (Read 740 times)

Latest Java software opens PCs to hackers
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
Thanks to Ice Dragon for bringing this one up.

Computer security firms are urging PC users to disable Java software in their browsers, saying the widely installed, free software from Oracle opens machines to hacker attacks and there is no way to defend against them.

The warnings, which began emerging over the weekend from Rapid7, AlienVault and other cyber security firms, are likely to unnerve a PC community scrambling to fend off growing security threats from hackers, viruses and malware.

Researchers have identified code that attacks machines by exploiting a newly discovered flaw in the latest version of Java. Once in, a second piece of software called "Poison Ivy" is released that lets hackers gain control of the infected computer, said Jaime Blasco, a research manager with AlienVault Labs.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/7564135/Latest-Java-software-opens-PCs-to-hackers

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
Re: Latest Java software opens PCs to hackers
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:07:43 am »
Java dot anything is slow and buggy anyway. Thats why I disable it by default on all websites.
I dont like waiting minutes for something that should take under 2 nanoseconds to happen.
The only time I turn it on is to satisfy websites written by major companies, such as the bank.
Anything Java -anything- can do, plain olde fashioned HTML can do faster and better.
I was over even running any software to be run locally as software on my PC that involved anything with the J word in it. It would screw up graphics, it would freeze, and take forever to do anything anyway. After I totally changed to an entirely different OS. I tried it again. No change. Still slow and buggy. Pfft at Java. Give me compiled C++ any day of the week.

Is it a surpise that something that cannot even be depended on to simply display its own graphics without crashing is also not secure?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Latest Java software opens PCs to hackers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx