gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:02:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New client suggestions...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New client suggestions...  (Read 10772 times)

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
Re: New client suggestions...
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2012, 07:49:05 pm »
Zenar, please, by all means, pursue your ideas. You did leave the possibility that your model could grow, evolve and add more features. I really like the feasability of your projected project. Even if some features are missing, development can continue.

I am sure Ghostship will continue on with the project of the new mx replacement. As Ghostship mentioned "of course anyone is free to do their own thing..." but I don't see these two as competing at all. I see them as insurance that this community will continue to have a "home" - maybe two of them, but that is alright! :)

Thank you so much!
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:57 pm »
As I said, I'm willing to give it a little of my free time but I would prefer to be at least with an another programmer. Right now, I'm finishing university and so, there are many exams that I have to prepare, projects, etc...

If an another programmer wants to join and start the project with me, send me a PM so we can talk more about it.
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 09:46:55 pm »
A team is always the preffered route  :yes:

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 11:28:07 pm »
Zénar, RebelMx does not agree on the course we are taking in developing a new client. Maybe you two can find some common ground you agree on, and work on a project together. I believe he codes in C, and C++. I'm not sure though.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 12:07:36 am »
hmmm... RebelMX is a possibility but there is a reason that I want to speak with the programmers before starting a project like that. It's to know more the person and talk about the technologies, the ideas, the goals, etc. By the way Quicks, I've seen some pages about DHT and I like it.
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »
Nope I like the chat style of WinMX and I didn't mention of the possibility for the application to have the audio and video. I just compared the chat and file sharing of Skype. I'm pretty sure that many of the WinMX users use it to chat with others instead of sharing files and because of the flood, I don't think that the file searching is working properly.

And in the past I have actually met up with other winmx users and server owners from Korea to Holland. Had coffee maybe had something else.  It's funny one very close friend from Scotland (actually my grandparents are from Scotland) had some strange bagpipe music that he actually composed and shared with a bunch of other users on our servers.  He has passed on now and I have to say a few others have also died from cancer and other things but one thing we all had in common is we all met on Winmx or some other related client.  I have not stopped using Winmx not for even one day for going on 13 years now.  In the old days we all used to have these intense power struggles ......our networks comprised of linked servers and took a lot of connection work and configuration file writing etc...and to this day many of us that still Slavanap or OpenNap servers have done so providing the hardware and bandwidth for free not too mention the many hours of time put into this cause.   WinMx in it's purist form was simple and colorful enough to grab attention along with audiognome were the best alternative to napster when this whole thing started to take hold.  I have been waiting along with everybody else but at the same time manning the ship so to speak with a slava server.  Just yesterday I met a new member of the winmx community and have spent some time explaining how this all works....if you want to get the word out about the new client ..try Facebook

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New client suggestions...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx