gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:32:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Hey guys whats going on here?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hey guys whats going on here?  (Read 3992 times)

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
Hey guys whats going on here?
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:02:21 am »
I'm having weird upload issues. Or perhaps its not me that's the problem... Check out this image below, the poor guy can't seem to DL off me. You can tell which files are the same. Sometimes the downloads actually work, other times it says complete even though its clear that 4mb of 30mb is not complete... other times its a full byte or 2 bytes over the complete file size, sometimes 7 bits.. Keep in mind that other peeps can download just fine off me. Everything in the image is from the same person across different opennap networks... :/ i did notice that on the end of the network name it would be like "[blablablabla]blabla.bla.dsl.no-ip.org," but not necessarily every time.

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
Re: Hey guys whats going on here?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:17:42 am »
Cleared the incompletes, turns out it is happening with everyone. Not just with opennaper's, mxer's too. It always ends a few bytes over... so sometimes the file isn't complete when it says complete, sometimes it errors out, or they end up with more data than the file has(unless this includes dropped packets?), and the really weird ones are where they start the download out with more data than I have to offer... :scared: GHOST DATA!!! 2012!!! ITS THE ONLY EXPLANATION!!!  :scared: lol

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:51:35 am »
yeah it does that... i dunno what kind of goof it is but winmx has done things like that to me ever since i started on 3.30... the downloader gets the file correctly it just doesnt show the filesize right on the senders end...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 08:55:21 am »
Can you check to see if there is any correlation to the number of concurrent downloads, I would like to think that less downloads would reduce the amount of clearly incorrect data entries, but of course only out of curiosity  :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:05:53 am »
ive seen a goof of 5mb before on one download... it goofs, for me anyway, just as the file 'finishes' ... the right size is shown while the xfer is at its end but not yet declared 'complete' by the program.... when 'complete' it changes the size displayed...

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:11:32 am »
Um maybe I'm confused by what you mean GS. I wasn't running any downloads, just uploads.

And to stripes: but do they keep trying to download the file from you over and over? I've got a huge upload list of complete "4mb of 30mb" all by the same person, with more still occurring...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 09:19:14 am »
is the 4 out of 30 file corrupt? ... as in the filesystem... make a copy of it and see if if the copy is 30mb... if not then thats not it...

the 4 out of 30 looks like a nap xfer in the screenshot? try disconnecting ... wait a few seconds then reconnect... the nap server may have the filesize wrong..

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 09:29:43 am »
Okie Dokie, I've checked all the files now, they are all perfectly fine. I can copy/ play all of them just fine. So I've disconnected and reconnected all my opennap servers to see if that's fixed it, go to wait for it to happen again now...

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 09:32:12 am »
Nope....didn't fix it. Same user as before too.. with the same files..  :no:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:57 am »
that user could be trying to resume a 'similar'* but not the same file and its really messing things up.... nap is kinda flaky to begin with and winmx v3s implementation of it isnt that great....

*i use 'similar' very loosely ... they may think they've found a source for a 30mb mpg video... thats how badly nap can goof up....

you'll always have the xfers that are a few kb to mb off (on both nap and wpn) due to mx itself but there are the whoppers that there are no fix for... you could ignore the user but then the nap server runner may block you from that server for ignoring someone(if that someone complains)..... your call...

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 10:07:29 am »
I sent them a message as to why they may find me ignoring them, they said sorry and ok. :) lol

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 10:15:11 am »
well.. thats one buggy xfer down  lol

as long as they dont continuously retry they most likely got the file from you so the file size mismatch is nothing to worry about.... ....tho one would think frontcode would have gotten around to fixing that bug... *scratches head and shrugs*

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Hey guys whats going on here?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx