gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 04:46:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't connect to winmx now.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't connect to winmx now.  (Read 14424 times)

Offline HybridfuryJPMUSIC

• Forum Member
Can't connect to winmx now.
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:20:11 am »
I just noticed now when I load winmx and when I look at the top when it tries to "Trying to connecto winmx host" it doesn't say anything now. It doesn't say "WinMx Community Patch 1.0 - Thanks EaglE !!!" anymore. Any announcements anyone? I just noticed I'm still connected and downloading and I can still look up the winmx chat group but when I try start anyone on my queue or try to download a someone that I'm in queued in line for... it doesn't start.. nor can I search the chat room.

Is the winmx patch offline or something? Someone help me please, this just happened to me right now.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Can't connect to winmx now.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:03:32 am »
Hi Hybridfury

Try closing and reopening winmx.

If that does not work just reinstall patch from  https://patch.winmxconex.com over the existing patch now.

Please post back if that hasnt worked.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:26:39 am »
Well, I tried opened and closing winmx now and it's still not connected when it says "Checking for updates" on the top. All it says on top is "FSR=0 BC=11" and I'm still at "connecting" status.

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:37:07 am »
Nvm, it seems to be working fine just now.. it's weird I couldn't connect through peers and people kept on going on my queue but it times out when I start them, but then when I exit winmx and re-opened it numerous times it doesn't connect and doesn't say latest patch: "WinMx Community Patch 1.0- Thanks EaglE !!!". But fortunately, I'm connected now and didn't have to reinstall after opening again for the last time, lol.
Thanks for the help Tig~!^^

I got a question though, why do I get disconnected all of a sudden like this just now? This usually happens to me also if I didn't notice it and when I'm afk and some of my queues are gone and people who are connected in my queue are gone.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:04:07 am »
I tcould be a number of things. Computers can be silly at times. Especially if you have had an un expected power failure or even if the isp has dropped out during the night etc... these 2 things i have come accross. It could really be anything. At least you are now working and everything is working again which is the main thing.

Happy winmxing.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

sallyboy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 09:35:23 pm »
Still can't connect. Winmx askme to install patch over and over..and i'm filling my ffolders with winmx icons

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 10:44:59 pm »
Hi Sallyboy

What operating system are you using? What anti-virus and firewalls are you using?

Also I would find all the winmxfolders and delete them and start fresh.

Please post back with these details.

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 11:27:26 am »
My daughter had no problem connecting with her XP computer but for some reason despite the exact same winmx version and patch she cannot get connected on her new Vista laptop. I don't have any Vista computers, all mine are some form of XP, I don't know much about Vista. Is there something else we need to do in order for winmx to connect on her new lappy? Please help! Thanks
/<itty=^..^=

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 11:36:13 am »
I guess you probably want to know about her antivirus and firewall also:  She uses a HP dual core laptop (not sure what model) and it came preinstalled with Vista Home Basic and Norton.

We got it to connect once before after disabling Norton, then the computer updated and after the reboot it wouldn't connect to winmx any longer. She uninstalled and reinstalled both winmx and the community patch, again disabled Norton to see if that was blocking it but it still doesn't connect. It just stays on the entry screen saying connecting but it never does. I don't know what's different now. I never had any such issues with XP.   
/<itty=^..^=

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 01:55:26 am »
Well now apparently it's working again, she was able to connect and got into the room. Not sure what the problem was, I can't figure out this stupid Vista, it is the most inconsistent OS I have seen in a long time. I'll hold out for win7 before I even consider upgrading my XP computers.
/<itty=^..^=

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 08:00:44 am »
There is a section here dedicated to vista users that might come in handy kitty
 https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php/board,45.0.html

win7 has a release date atm of around mid april  i have tried several leaked versions & quite like it even though it looks atm like a jazzed up vista the functionality of it is a hell of a lot better ... hopefully by the time of full release they will have given it a bit of a makeover to dissasosiate it from the vista look

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 02:55:35 am »
...and now my daughter is having the same issue again, can't get winmx to connect. It seems every time she reboots she is asked for a unique user name like she had just installed winmx and all her previous settings are wiped out. She already turned off UAC in vista but it's still not allowing her to connect. It just stays on the connection screen with the bar being yellow and not doing anything. Is there a permanent fix for this?
/<itty=^..^=

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 03:19:46 am »
A friend of mine managed to get into the beta testing for windows7, he rather liked what he has seen so far but it is still far from perfect, it still needs alot of issues fixed. Too bad I didn't get in on time, by the time he told me about it the offer to be in the test group was already closed *sigh*.
/<itty=^..^=

porey

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 01:34:16 am »
im having problems connecting can anybody help with this issue?  my connection type is unknow to me but i am using clear tower
 if you can help me find my netwrok connection i will be greatful

thank you

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 05:05:55 am »
Hi porey can you confirm whether you downloaded your winmx from this location or not
https://patch.winmxconex.com/

If not you might want to download winmx from there and reinstall it. It doesnt really matter what type of connection you have, it should connect, unless some protection program of some kind is prohibiting you from connecting. If you need further assistance resolving this, dont hesitate to ask.

Offline zoma

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 01:37:44 am »
I used that site to download the program. but i cannot connect. it just says "Finding network connections". any tips on how to solve this?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:30 am »
what os? primary or secondary connection? using a router? what model?

Offline zoma

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 02:24:23 am »
using Windows 7. the rest i have no idea of. don't really know that much about computers :P so i dont know the diffrence between a primary and a secondary connection and that :P

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 04:08:30 am »
primary or secondary connection on winmx itself... its on the 'connection' tab...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't connect to winmx now.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx