gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:25:39 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  China 'enhances' Great Firewall, teaches it to choke off VPNs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: China 'enhances' Great Firewall, teaches it to choke off VPNs  (Read 826 times)

China 'enhances' Great Firewall, teaches it to choke off VPNs
« on: December 22, 2012, 07:59:36 am »
China has tightened the screws on its infamous web-filtering system, according to virtual private network providers.

The Great Firewall of China has been enhanced to "learn, discover and block" encrypted VPN protocols. Machine learning algorithms have been applied to carry out encrypted traffic analysis, something advocated by Fan Bingxing, the founding father of China's web filtering system.

China Unicom drops connections where a VPN is detected, The Guardian reports. Astrill, an application that provides VPN services to users inside and outside China, warned consumers in an email that the "Great Firewall" system is blocking at least four common VPN protocols.

The latest developments provide a technical basis that supports earlier reports that China was planning a clamp-down on VPN technology.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/21/china_blocks_vpns/

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
Re: China 'enhances' Great Firewall, teaches it to choke off VPNs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:47:10 am »
Soviet China needs to let go of its desire to control.

Their stolen 'products' are inferior. They have no concept as to this little silly word called 'quality' and reliiability. Their economy is still going up, but not as fast as it has been.

To me that equals negative growth, just give it more time. Down isnt a good thing.

I used to think that the western world couldnt possibly compete with a quasi capitalist/dictatorship arrangement... But it seems to be catching up with China.

If China wants to continue economic growth, they will have to do what Japan did in years past. Build things top quality, let go of government control, etc, etc.

Right now, after years of buying crap... I refuse to buy anything made/manufactured in China.That isnt an american nationalist thing on my part. Its just that im tired of paying top dollar for products that fail in a few weeks of use.

Japan are stealing 'our jerbs' too. But at least Japan builds the highest quality product in the world.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:18:50 am »
has seen some nasty junk come out of USA too...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:31:22 am »
China makes some great stuff. The first off production run they produce for quality quecking in the destination country is usually exactly to spec.
I don't think the same can be said of the subsequent batches.

Controlling the populace is more and more like tring to nail jelly to the wall.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:23:51 am »
has seen some nasty junk come out of USA too...

yeah... its called hollywood ;(

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  China 'enhances' Great Firewall, teaches it to choke off VPNs

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx