gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:10:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  More Torrent Sites Blocked In The UK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More Torrent Sites Blocked In The UK  (Read 698 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
More Torrent Sites Blocked In The UK
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:46 pm »
Its getting a bit like the wild west in the UK atm  :ugly:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21601609

The High Court has ordered the UK's major internet service providers to block three websites offering links to pirated material. The ISPs must stop their users from accessing Kickass Torrents, H33T and Fenopy.

Music industry group the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) said the sites infringed copyright on a "significant scale". Opponents have argued that blocking sites in this way was ineffective.
The block follows a similar ruling last year involving The Pirate Bay, a much larger site founded in Sweden.

With the fat-cat media lobby group the BPI going to court every few weeks to block sites and simple proxy's being used to bypass such lamery I predict a move to DHT based resource locating, what will they do at that stage when they have pushed the game too far the other way ?  Whine and complain I expect as they usually do.

I have yet to hear of anyone who actually knows what content on any of these sites belongs to any of the big media groups, is it the listing or the torrrent or magnet files ?  It seems misleading the courts is legitimate these days.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  More Torrent Sites Blocked In The UK

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx