gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 07:10:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Tracking company Mixpanel knows who you are…yes, you specifically
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tracking company Mixpanel knows who you are…yes, you specifically  (Read 747 times)

https://www.abine.com/blog/2013/mixpanel/

Just an example of the data being collected which could potentially be public if the tracking company is hacked.

Mixpanel is coming right out and marketing its tracking tools based on the ability to identify individuals. On their website, they say “Now you can tie any kind of data to your users to see exactly who they are and what they have done.” They even show a screenshot of their user interface showing incredibly detailed facts about individuals listed by name, with a photo, their email, their home town, their site activity, and more. They’re still being a bit cautious about it–their page discussing the feature isn’t linked to from their main site and took some digging to find–but it seems they’re aware that what’s a privacy death sentence for most advertisers could also be a major selling point for their advertiser customers.

Mixpanel says they’re tracking 6.2 billion web and mobile user actions each month. These actions include a user’s demographic info, referrer info, and detailed site actions (like whether they opened a drop-down menu, clicked a button, put something in their shopping cart, or even hovered their mouse in a certain area for longer than average).

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
Re: Tracking company Mixpanel knows who you are…yes, you specifically
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:10:37 am »
I knew I should have listened to my parents.  That pron surfin' gonna get a frucker in trouble.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Tracking company Mixpanel knows who you are…yes, you specifically

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx