gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 02:47:30 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS Bugs can be Exploited and have!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS Bugs can be Exploited and have!  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
WCS Bugs can be Exploited and have!
« on: December 09, 2005, 11:17:07 pm »
A few days ago i was in the WinMX World room and String was talking about how he can crash any wcs. I tried to disprove that. But when i asked him to join my room and crash it as soon as he entered it crashed, the send or dont send message.  And I asked again same thing.

When I asked him what he was doing he said it was a buffer overflow or a buffer underrun somthing like that. An i have mentioned this bug to a few other people and most of them already knew about it????  

I suggest KM that you come out with a Bug Free version of WCS and spare us the chance of having our rooms crashed.

The reason I'M posting this now is that its happened 2 times today. And from one ip.

15:07:55 anna225_09112 (T1 41 files) has entered (87.1.18.219)

As soon as that person came in my chat it crashed. So I reopened and then the same person joined again it crashed. It was up for 5 minutes after the last crash before they came in again.

Its an Italian IP address so it could be String or it might not be.  Please post if anything like this is happening to you.

WCS doesn't normally crash. Like maybe once in a million hours it might.

Thanks and Host Safely :)
- Josh

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 11:28:15 pm »
I was present when you spoke to String Josh and he made it clear he could also do the same to Ouka and Fx rooms, he is as you know a programmer and most likely has spotted a hole in some implementations of code used in these chat servers.

He will not and has not passed out the code for this exploit as he is busy researching winmx and related protocols and writing assembler based code that he is rather good at.

I,m not sure who crashed your room but attempting to scare users and blame one single server type for something that affects them all is hardly helpful.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:33:16 pm »
well then just delete my post then. Its what you do to lots of other too.
- Josh

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 11:44:46 pm »
I beg your pardon ?

Come back to reality Josh, your posts have never been touched.
If you have allegations to make then do so in the right place which is site feedback.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 11:45:31 pm »
I think you should control your administrators.   My account settings have been changed tons of times. And I think its KM.    like i know quick or me would not change my homepage to www.winmxunlimited.com or .ten and change my msn and stuff. But KM maybe.   Seriously Control your peoples :)
- Josh

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 11:46:03 pm »
Lets not do this please.

I hate it when people fight. There should be no fighting because it upsets me. I dont like being upset when i had such a great day.

So please stop this nonsence please.    :(

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 11:54:55 pm »
I,m sorry folks but Josh seems to have some other agenda not related to this problem, perhaps he will take it to where I asked him to.

I will be speaking to String when I can about Joshs crashing claims and will post any reply here but I did confirm for myself that it is an Italian IP being used.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 07:09:17 pm »
OK folks, String has spoken to KM and he is aware of the exploit and hopefully this will be dealt with and the info passed to the other server builders, there was one other person who knew the method also and perhaps this was Joshs visitor.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS Bugs can be Exploited and have!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx