gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:34:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Why You Don’t Have To Use PayPal For Online Transactions: 5 PayPal Alternatives
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why You Don’t Have To Use PayPal For Online Transactions: 5 PayPal Alternatives  (Read 886 times)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/why-you-dont-have-to-use-paypal-for-online-transactions-5-paypal-alternatives/

Online shopping and online purchases have grown into something so important in many of our lives that it’s strange, at least for me, to think of a world where it doesn’t exist. PayPal is one service that really pioneered that world, especially in terms of purchasing without needing a credit card, debit card, or gift card. But are there any viable alternatives if you don’t like PayPal?

There are many reasons why you might not like PayPal. For one thing, it’s such a big service that it’s prime meat for hack attempts and scam attempts. Similarly, ever since PayPal grew into an enormous international service, people have been experiencing a decline in service quality. And who can forget the PayPal account freezing horror stories? PayPal is not the be-all end-all of online transaction services.

But even so, PayPal is convenient, widely accepted, and established. There are many PayPal alternatives out there, but none of them have the same ubiquity or prominence. By switching away from PayPal, you may be gaining in some respects but you’ll also be losing out in other ways.

The article outlines and demo's the following serrvices;
  • WePay
  • Skrill
  • Dwolla
  • Google Wallet
  • Payza
and recommends them in that order.

I'm not sure why bitcoin isn't included.

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
  • Every new creation is the sum of old and new.
tbh bitcoing is dieing from the rumour mill
i would not use them

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
The paypal account issue is one I have seen many times, ordinary folks are dealt with in a high handed manner and left hanging in the wind as regards their funds, Paypal most certainly make sure they are the most prominent service but the truth is they are one of the poorest in terms of what they deliver and customer service, in the UK they have a special deal with the authorities that ties them to abiding by a UK based regulator but make a complaint to them directly and you can expect not to be given that information but a Luxembourg address, a pretty transparent and underhand business practice and one that's very common when things go wrong with an account, the second most common paypal complaint is that the account has been frozen for suspected fraud, this seems to occur in many of the complaints I have seen and most would expect paypal to contact the police if a crime was going on perhaps ?  Not a chance, you wont get a penny back from them and theres little you can do to untangle your funds, In many of the cases I have seen folks simply abandon using Paypal or use a relatives name or account to make online purchases due to being unable to force this sprawling offshore company to act in a legitimate manner.

You'll all be pleased to hear that I don't have a paypal account and all the stories I have related to you are ones where I have been asked to try to find out what went wrong, in all cases bar one I was unable to get information (we cant reveal or security methods ...) or the users tied up funds and I advised them to use a more reputable company although prior to this article I didn't see much for folks in the way of a choice.

Use this company if you wish but the golden rule is never to leave much in the account as a float and you can thus avoid losing a few hundred or more into a limbo land.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Why You Don’t Have To Use PayPal For Online Transactions: 5 PayPal Alternatives

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx