gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 12:34:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anti Social Elements In WMW Chatroom
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anti Social Elements In WMW Chatroom  (Read 1921 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Anti Social Elements In WMW Chatroom
« on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:46 pm »
Folks of late we have had some individuals hell bent on trying to slow down work on the new client mainly by wasting the time of those working on it and attempting to start off topic drama related to the new client in the chat rooms simply because they are unwilling or incapable of waiting for the official release.

Whilst on the one hand its pleasing to know that folks are desperate to get their hand on the new client its in fact sabotaging the efforts of those still working on it to be demanding advanced copies of the as yet unreleased client and the usage of proxies and multiple names by such users is a pretty underhanded method to waste the developers time when they visit the chat room during testing and see users asking questions that they have the answers to only to be greeted by rudeness, time wasting drama and sarcasm, this slows down the client progress for the rest of you as well as creates questions in the developers minds as to why they are bothering when their reward is simply to be abused, this then means they are likely to go watch a movie or something to relax before going back to work on the client as its hard to focus when your angry at such treatment.

I don't wish to jump on the single most rampant abuser and name them at this time but please be aware we know who you are and may in the future publish all of the logs of your near daily activities that show your real IP if you persist further, my hope is you will cease this mindless activity and allow the developers the quality time they need to serve the needs of the community.

My apologies are to the rest of you for the time lost in having to post this notice and I hope you all join with me in remaining patient and standing against such anti social and selfish elements.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: Anti Social Elements In WMW Chatroom
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »
no worries
best we ignore these individuals at first sight :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:52:00 pm »
Agreed Wonderer, its just with the continual name changing its hard to keep track of them and I dont want ordinary users to miss out on asking questions on progress and making requests for features, such anti social folks seem only out to spoil things for others and as most users are very decent folks its a pain when the developers have to think twice about speaking directly to folks because of the abusive actions of a few, such folks must never be allowed to dictate the road for the rest of the community.

That is the reason I posted here of this matter so you are all aware of the abuses and can help keep eye on the troublemakers and thus keep the direct channels open to the developers, to do otherwise it to allow the miniminds to win.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:29:10 pm »
winmx is all but dead and this kind of stuff is still going on?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:38 am »
It would seem so  :(

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:38:52 am »
It has been going on since the first disruptions by KM and his mate, but has simply gotten more strident in recent times, probably the same individuals
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 06:34:26 am »
I guess we are going to have the current network up a bit after the new client is released
I feel we can't take away the sandbox from those kids can we?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 06:37:01 am »
Easy, dont give 'em the new client.

Give out copies that have personal activation codes...

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 03:53:01 am »
Easy, dont give 'em the new client.

Give out copies that have personal activation codes...

personal activation codes? for a p2p client? you're kidding right?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:31 am »
sorry for the double post everyone...

I guess we are going to have the current network up a bit after the new client is released
I feel we can't take away the sandbox from those kids can we?

actually yes... they can be shoved into their own corner quite easily considering the filters and verification put in place.... and if they find a way out, just update the client.... it will be cat and mouse for a bit but KM and NB can be filtered out..

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 03:57:22 am »
NVM, stripes, the concept is likely lost on you

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 04:22:50 am »
NVM, stripes, the concept is likely lost on you
i thought you were making a tounge in cheek joke and i was following it... to require a 'registration' of mx would be a daunting task not to mention a potential privacy hole...

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:57:59 am »
I think personal registration is somewhat at odds with personal and online privacy which wmw believe in strongly.
Also since noone runs winmx there is noone to manage this.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 06:09:09 am »
maybe i need to explain, just for the dummies...

"Easy, don't give 'em the new client" refers to the troublemakers we would rather shut out, got that?....        OK

"Give out copies that have personal activation codes" so we know which idiot gave a copy of the new client to one of the  troublemakers referred to above

Activation Code: any code the user wants, within a definition, but when loaded in, is now locked in, and identifies that copy, forever

Just remember that...

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 06:41:06 am »
lol wow, I think most understood what you meant bluey

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 07:53:07 am »
I'm sure "Joanne' is fully aware that the "client weekly update" thread was not started by the developers or any of the WMW staff, but pays no notice to the fact in order to continue on with her continuous sh*t stirring.  :shocked:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 09:17:23 am »
Guys I would like to ask you all a big favour, I know we are all wanting the same thing and thats for our community to continue on into the future on a sound structural basis, its been a long time since we started the community client project and no doubt it will be a rolling progress program with enhancements delivered as fast as folks feel they can bring them to market, however we are fragmenting a bit due to a partial loss of regular comunications due to in most cases a lack of time to have fun and discuss matters together in the chats, our strength is in our unity of purpose and ability to allow space for all on the network even those who seem hell bent on assisting those destroying it, we are stronger than any single one of us and we need to continue demonstrating that on the forum here as well as in the chat room, so the favour I ask is simply that we all take a small time to remember what our values are before posting anything thats either angry sounding or disrespectful of each other, even I have fallen into this trap at times and so I know how easy it is to make a post and then look back with no pride in what was written.

Lets all stay focused and friendly and rise above any divisions, its our strength of character that makes us who we are and I believe we need to remind ourselves of what that means every now and then.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 11:07:30 am »
yeah good call, point taken

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 12:41:42 pm »
SHEEP  :oops:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 01:06:49 pm »
personally identifiable p2p apps... the mpaa/riaa would love that one bluey.... the point of the new client is to evolve it to the point the km types have no to little effect

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anti Social Elements In WMW Chatroom

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx