gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 07:56:14 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  help needed, chat and search
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help needed, chat and search  (Read 3321 times)

Offline XTC

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
help needed, chat and search
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:14:01 am »
hi, use to use mx awhile back but got new pc and the old mx wouldnt conect at all. so i downloaded the latest and it connects fine.
however, chat stays blank so cant find any rooms or whatever. search is useless. yes i have been browsing forums for answers and have seen that there are issues with search.
getting chat to work so i can find my old rooms to hang out in could help.
Im no tech savy, had to have some help last time i set up old mx.

any help would be good
thanks

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: help needed, chat and search
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:47:07 am »
Hi XTC, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is the situation we face atm...

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html

A temporary solution to the chat list issue can be found on that same page.

There is good news however as a group formed and started work when the network protocol attacks began, to build a duplicate MX that gets us past the problem of being unable to update the old client due to the developer disappearing and never passing on his src code.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/new_wpn_client_preview.html

This is our progress so far and we are still working hard to reach a public beta , atm there is much still to do as the old client has many hundreds of controls and each requires a few lines of in some cases hundreds of lines of code to do something useful, however the main parts of the client are in place and we are tying up ends in most cases.

I hope you bear with us while we do our best to deliver what we hope will be the solution to all the current problems and those creating them

Spiderwolf

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:56:37 am »
Im guessing the problems still exist. I just recently installed WinMX again after a few years absence and I'm getting the same problem as the other guy. When I do a search, I get 4,000 hits, none of which are related to the search. My search screen looks exactly like the first posters screen shot. Like him, I'm not really tech savvy so I have no idea how to fix this. Maybe there is no fix available, but that's why Im posting. To find out if you guys ever came up with a fix or is it still messed up? Thanks for any help.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:36:31 pm »
Hi Spiderwolf  :)

The advice in my previous post remains the same and we are still working on a "whole network" fix, in the mean time there are two options open to you atm

1) Use the OpenNap side of WinMX to search for files.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

2) Visit the chat rooms using the list found here and browse users to see if they have anything you might like.

http://winmxunlimited.net/tools/chat-room-list/

you need simply to copy the room name from the above list and paste the name it into the box at the top of your winmx channel list page and hit "Join" to visit the selected room.

I hope this helps and rest assured we are doing our best to remove all these extra steps to enjoying the network as you might remember it.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  help needed, chat and search

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx