gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 03:15:27 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  2”, $45 cube PC runs Android and Linux on Cortex-A9 ARM chip
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2”, $45 cube PC runs Android and Linux on Cortex-A9 ARM chip  (Read 832 times)

2”, $45 cube PC runs Android and Linux on Cortex-A9 ARM chip
« on: September 05, 2013, 12:20:39 am »
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/09/2-45-cube-pc-runs-android-and-linux-on-cortex-a9-arm-chip/

A new entry in the rapidly expanding tiny computer market will give you a 2" × 2" × 2" cube-shaped machine that runs Android and Linux-based operating systems.

CuBox-i, from the Israeli company SolidRun, comes in four configurations ranging in price from $45 to $120. They all use i.MX6 Cortex-A9 ARM processors with speeds of 1GHz, ranging from one core to four cores. DDR3 memory ranges from 512MB to 2GB. CuBox-i computers can be pre-ordered now with shipments scheduled to begin in late November.

SolidRun said in an announcement today that the "latest versions of [the] Linux kernel and several of its distributions" are supported, as well as XBMC Media Center and Android 4.2.2.
  •     HDMI 1080p output
  •     Multi format hardware video decoding and encoding engine
  •     Integrated video image processing unit
  •     OpenGL|ES 2.0 GPU
  •     OpenCL 1.1 embedded profile support*
  •     10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (Gigabit only on higher-end models)
  •     Two powered USB-2.0 host interfaces
  •     eSata 3Gbps*
  •     Infra-red receiver
  •     Infra-red transmitter*
  •     Optical audio SPDIF out
  •     MicroSD for operating system storage
  •     Micro-USB*
  •     WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth*
  •     Built-in Real Time Clock with battery backup*
*high end models

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  2”, $45 cube PC runs Android and Linux on Cortex-A9 ARM chip

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx