gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:18:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Web Giants Alliance Tells US Govt To Stop Aggressive Spying
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Web Giants Alliance Tells US Govt To Stop Aggressive Spying  (Read 744 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Web Giants Alliance Tells US Govt To Stop Aggressive Spying
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:18:54 pm »
I just noticed this interesting notice posted a few days ago

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/09/reform_gov_surveillance_tech_alliance/

Eight web heavyweights have banded together to call on the US and other governments to rein in indiscriminate surveillance by state security agencies.

AOL, Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Twitter and Yahoo are asking for a general reform of government surveillance laws and practices because the "balance in many countries has tipped too far in favour of the state and away from the rights of the individual”.

While I find it a bit hypocritical of these particular companies fronting the call for a halt to unfettered surveillance it is in fact the common sense approach and one I feel would restore confidence in the usage of online services, many of these big are seeing a worrying trend as customers look for secure alternatives and to overseas service vendors outside of the US sphere of influence, restoring a correct balance of threat level versus proportionality and trust should bring the scales back into alignment.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Web Giants Alliance Tells US Govt To Stop Aggressive Spying

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx