gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:11:39 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  2013
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2013  (Read 3045 times)

« on: January 02, 2014, 03:16:08 am »
I find myself at the end of another year under seige. Reflecting less than looking ahead to the coming year. It's been a big year with a massive learning curve for me but well worth the time spent reading and learning.

The malicious traffic has persevered this year, luckily the developers have not given up. The short break in the attack traffic over christmas showed there is still a lot of you out there sharing and chatting. With almost 200 rooms showing up on the room listing and a number others still operating offline, I don't feel that many have left the network this year. We're down to the most stubborn and hopeful of us.

September this year we saw a preview of what the developers are working. A very buggy pre-release was made available to download by a community partner and we were lucky to announce it's availability. We have launched OurMXWorld as a place for support and development related to OurMX as it evolves.

Josh has kept his room listing running enabling us to find most of the rooms we're looking for and a place for room hosts to show their rooms availability.

Sean from The Rebellion is very close to releasing his new chat client "Mato" which we have seen him testing in the WinMXWorld room. It's exciting to see people still passionate about providing better tool and toys for the community.

The room spammers have been around now and then through the year, a lot of room hosts have found differing ways of dealing with them to varying levels of success.

For me, I'm hoping the year ahead will see the first full release of the OurMX client and some protocol changes to defeat some of the aspects of the attacks and return the network to some of it's former functionality. I'm hoping to see OurMXWorld grow with the new client and offer anything the community needs to make the most of the developers hard work. I hope I can continue to learn more to help make the website user friendly and easy to use.

What does the year ahead hold for you?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:30:10 pm »
Turning 60 and making millions of dollars!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  2013

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx