gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 02:34:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Winamp’s new owner has big plans for mobile, even car audio systems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winamp’s new owner has big plans for mobile, even car audio systems  (Read 892 times)

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/01/winamps-new-owner-has-big-plans-for-mobile-even-car-audio-systems/

As expected, AOL has sold Winamp to Radionomy, a streaming music company. Radionomy announced the acquisition of both Winamp and streaming software Shoutcast today while offering a glimpse of future plans for the products.

Radionomy noted that "[t]he Winamp media player offers the ability to listen to, watch and manage music, video, podcasts and Internet radio on desktop and mobile devices, while customizing the experience to personal tastes."

Radionomy CEO Alexandre Saboundjian said the company has big plans for Winamp. "Its role is clear in the future evolution of online media—we plan to make the player ubiquitous, developing new functionalities dedicated to desktop, mobile, car systems, connected devices and all other platforms," he said in the press release.

Winamp, nearly 17 years old, today works on Windows, OS X, and Android. AOL said in November it was planning to shut down Winamp, but it decided to sell instead.

By virtue of joining Radionomy, Winamp will gain access to 60,000 Internet radio stations, the company said. As for Shoutcast, that acquisition "will expand Radionomy's presence, notably in the US, making it the source of approximately half of all streamed internet radio worldwide," the company said.

According to TechCrunch, Radionomy spent between $5 million and $10 million in a cash and stock deal to buy Winamp and Shoutcast. TechCrunch, citing anonymous sources, also reported that AOL will take a 12 percent stake in Radionomy

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: Winamp’s new owner has big plans for mobile, even car audio systems
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 12:10:08 am »
I have a fondness for winamp so I hope it all works out satisfactorily for the consumer. No spyware, no malware, no popups, no exclusive non-compatible features with other players.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:16:18 am »
No spyware, no malware, no popups, no exclusive non-compatible features with other players.

My Trestor you want a lot  :lol:

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 08:30:39 am »
Of course.

I learned a long time ago that nothing I say makes any difference, so I have no hesitation in going for gold instead of settling for bronze.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:46 am »
I have a fondness for winamp so I hope it all works out satisfactorily for the consumer. No spyware, no malware, no popups, no exclusive non-compatible features with other players.

http://www.un4seen.com/  -- xmplay... ive been using it for years... uses sonique vis plugs and supports winamp dsp plugins with a wrapper

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Winamp’s new owner has big plans for mobile, even car audio systems

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx