gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 02:07:53 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  British Prime Minister Tells Commitee Public Accept Orwellain State
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: British Prime Minister Tells Commitee Public Accept Orwellain State  (Read 778 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
The semi elected and self titled voice of the people David Cameron tells critics UK folks have no issues with being spied on.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/30/cameron_public_is_cool_with_domestic_spying/

Recent disclosures over domestic surveillance and GCHQ spying on citizens aren't much of an issue to the public, according to Prime Minister David Cameron.

Speaking to Parliament on the government's National Security Strategy, the Prime Minister said that while the media has made a stink about Edward Snowden's disclosures on domestic spying and data mining programs, the general public is largely in favor of the government.

"My sense is that the pub reaction, as opposed to some of the media reaction is 'look, we have intelligence and security because it is a dangerous world and there are bad people that want to do terrible things to us, and we should support these intelligence services and the work they do," Cameron told Parliament,

Unfortunately for dave and his gang of old school tie cronies I cant say I have spoken to anyone yet who supports
his spying on UK citizens on the just in case principal, we are not at war and its a drain on our public purse, I also question what pub this guy pretends to drink in as it seems rather a stretch to throw such a quirky reference in, like he is  "one of the lads" when thats never been the case, this guys never worked a day in his life.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: British Prime Minister Tells Commitee Public Accept Orwellain State
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:35:38 am »
"there are bad people that want to do terrible things to us"

There are such people; regrettably they're the ones who control the spying agencies.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  British Prime Minister Tells Commitee Public Accept Orwellain State

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx