gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 08:38:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  browse window
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: browse window  (Read 3103 times)

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
browse window
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »
opensuse 12.3  winmx 3.54b4   current wine 1.7.15

When i browse someone, i get their name in a tab at the top of my winmx window and I can access it until I click on another browse. 
Then it is not available to me.  The current one stays available until I choose another person to browse or I click on Winmx window.
The tab is still there but when I click on it nothing happens. 
I have checked and it is not behind the Winmx window.  If I downsize the winmx window, it is non accessible.
I have tried to rebrowse them but, in order to do so,   I   have to exit winmx and restart it, everytime.
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: browse window
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 05:02:31 pm »
Have you tried the old method of clicking on the WinMX icon and selecting "reset all windows"  ?   
This has been helpful in the past when WinMX acts a bit peculiar

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »
thanks for that i had forgotten that old trick but it had no effect on the browse windows opened.
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:46:03 pm »
Have you tried an older wine version to see if its anything to do with that ?

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:29:12 pm »
I am a little reluctant to do that as, I had trouble with an update to a higher version of wine [1.6 to 1.7]  and had a lot of trouble with the wine update and opensuse 12.3.  A lot of fiddling around to get it all working well., so I am not sure  I wouldn't make more of a mess going back. 
I believe this window being in the background [hiding behind winmx window] and not being able to get it forward has been an issue with wine/winmx in the past.  I thought they had solved it but apparently the problem has reoccurred, it seemed OK for a while.  Perhaps there will be something on the WineHQ site.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:20:28 pm »
for the OP or anyone else that comes across this article this is what wineHQ has to say across a pretty wide range of wine versions;

What works
 Installing, running on both primary and secondary connections, up/downloading, chatting, hosting rooms, search, the library including renaming and deleting files, OpenNap - in a word: everything :)

What does not

Bringing extra windows like Settings, Whois, Browse or Personal Messages back to front with the buttons on top.
The main window needs to be moved aside to access them again once they're hidden.

What was not tested
 Nothing I can think of - running 24/7 again without a problem here :-)

Additional Comments
There are no additional overrides necessary except for the WinMX Community Patch from  https://patch.winmxconex.com for connecting (oledlg.dll).
No changes to previous versions - all nice and stable :-)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  browse window

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx