gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:18:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connected but very limited UL users in my queue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connected but very limited UL users in my queue  (Read 3379 times)

Offline enigmatic

• Forum Member
Connected but very limited UL users in my queue
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:54:32 am »
I'm an old winmx users but seldom post. Now I faced an old problem.
after ISP network update, I can still connect to winmx with secondary connection. but now very limited users can find me.

Previously there will be 100 users in my queue in 20 mins. Now only 10+ even if waiting for 10 hours. I always browse the queue user's libraries to finding interesting files. now I can't because nobody in queue.
look forwards on any help

1, I feel primany connection always bring me more users. -> I dont know how to set port forwarding because ISP dont allow me to access routers. they offer me the router freely and do some secret configuration inside, I guess.

2, ISP upgrade the network so I do NOT need to dial again and I can connect to internet directly after startup. after that I can't use primary connection and only very limited users can be found.

Re: Connected but very limited UL users in my queue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:48:36 pm »
when was it that you used to have 100+ users in your queue? I'm just wanting to know if this issue is the current malicious traffic on the network or not.

you should still be able to set port forwarding, you might even be able to find your modem/router on http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/WinMX/

Offline enigmatic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:22:11 am »
Thanks for the replying.

If I'm right, 100+ queue happens 4~6 months ago, or at least 3 months ago.
Yesterday I open the winmx the whole day,  max queue after 10+ hours is 61  and  decrease to 40 in a short time. However, the speed is still OK. DL 300K +, UL 200K +. 

I dont know limited queue caused by attacks or some users starts to leave winmx.

my router can't be configured because I can't log into the router, ISP change the password and I dont know that. is there a way to hack the router password?

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:08:09 am »
I don't think the conditions on the network now are much different than they were 6 months ago so I would feel safe discounting that as the reason behind your issue.

There probably is a way to hack the router but it's well beyond my skillset and the scope of this forum. I think the best path forward if you want to use a primary connection would be to deal with your ISP and tell them you need to be able to configure the router.
Or perhaps use a router you can configure if you have an old one or can borrow one.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:03:23 am »
if the router is locked with a password look for its manual online and see what the 'default' password is... it may even be blank and you just click login without typing anything in username and password...

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »
port forward dot com is not any longer what it use to be

I am almost certain your modem has a graphic user interface where you can configure games and applications i.e. set ports
this interface can be entered by typing your standard gateway address in the address bar of your browser
gateway looking like 192.168.1.254
hardly ever seen this interface shielded with a password

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connected but very limited UL users in my queue

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx