gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:13:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Burned mp3 cd to HD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Burned mp3 cd to HD  (Read 3802 times)

LadyLonnie

Burned mp3 cd to HD
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:22:16 pm »
Hi all. This may be a dumb question - but I really don't know how to do this...senior moment???  :roll:  Mods - if wrong Forum, please move to correct Forum.   :lol:

I have some (200+) cds that I burned 2 years ago (all mp3s) - using Nero wizard - and I want to get all the mp3s back to my HD.
For the life of me, I just can't remember how to do this...come to think of it, I've never done that before for anything. I know how to install software, but never a 'burned cd w/music on it'.

Would someone please tell what I'm supposed to do?
Thanks for any and all help - greatly appreciated.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:09:19 pm »
Hi LadyLonnie

Easy one really

All you need to do is make a new folder on your desktop then put each cd With your mp3 files on into your cd drive
Goto my computor and double click it
You will see your cd drive
Right click on it and click open
Then you will see your mp3 files and all you need to do is highlight them all And drag and drop into the new folder you made on your desktop
Dont use copy and paste as this dont always make copys of your mp3's it Just makes shoutcuts to them

LadyLonnie

Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 12:25:30 am »
Hi...thanks for the help.
I got everything ok  - up to the part  where 'you will see your mp3 cd files'.  :(  Something is wrong...I don't see anything at all...
Usually when a cd is in the cdrom drive and is functioning properly, the green led shows up, then I proceed from there (as in installing software, etc.).
But now, the green led is lit, but that's it, nothing else happens  :oops:
What am I doing wrong?

ME/Adelphia cable/256 RAM/20GB HD/18GB free/Memorex  52MAXX 325AJ1  52x cdr w/Nero 6 Memorex suite.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:41:49 am »
You dont see the files on the cd when you right click and ask it to open the cd?
If this is the case is it like this on all cds?
If you ask your pc to play the cd will it play it?
If not then it sounds to me like you may need a new cd drive.
If it will play the cd then can you right click on the cd drive go to properties and click on the recording tab,there click the box that says enable cd recording.
Then try to open your cd again.

LadyLonnie

Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 06:29:28 pm »
Well, nothing worked at all...only ones that worked were the 'label cds' music cds (i.e. Beatles,etc.)one buys in the stores...none, and I mean none of the burned cds were 'seen' by my D Drive!

Regular software cds and 'purchased music cds/copyright' cds work just great on this computer.

Maybe I burned them incorrectly from my HD??? They were all burned as 'audio' as per instructions from the Nero software! Or did I misunderstand the instructions and that they should have been burned as 'data'?

These cds only held on the average maybe 22-25 songs.

Anyway...those cds shine real nice when the light hits them in the garbage can!  :P  :oops:

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 06:47:34 pm »
Lady is your cd dirve a rewriter?
If it is try and burn a data disc with it.
If it wont burn then all you need is a new cdrw  
If it does burn then try toopen that cd and see if you see the files on them(which i doubt)
But it is at least worth a try b4 you throw away all your music cds

LadyLonnie

Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 09:07:02 pm »
E drive= Memorex 52MAXX 325AJ1 ultra speed cd recorder
D drive= cds get put in there to install software  :)
I wouldn't have a combo drive if you paid me  :wink:
The  Memorex is a new cdrwriter.  :idea: Just finished re-reading instruction manual on cd-r (E drive)... QUOTE: Memorex's CD-RW drives are designed for recording, re-writing, and playing CD, CD-Rs and CD-RWs. UNQUOTE. does that mean I can just stick a cd in the E drive and play it like I would the D drive?

Could it be that I had burned the songs as 'audio' instead of as 'data'?
I need to know before I do anymore burning...those burned cds only had 22-25 songs on them...so I guess I used the wrong format.

I think the terminology is what fubars it ...audio = sound ...data = written, but in the case of burning mp3, it is reversed???   :roll:
Please let me know if my brain is functioning correctly.   :?

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 09:39:45 pm »
Let me get this right.....
You burnt the music from your hd to cds????
If You did you should be able to put the cds into drive E and you should get a screen pop up asking you what you want to do....
One of these options i open folder to view files  
If you use this one your cd should open and you should see all your music that is on that disc.
If you do then you can just highlight all these files and drag and drop them to your desktop.

LadyLonnie

Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 09:53:36 pm »
Yes Sir...burnt the songs from HD via Nero to cds.
Now that was done 2 yrs ago with a Sony (which went fubar last year)...and nowhere in THAT manual did it state I could play those cds in the burner drive! Which is why I was so surprised to read that I could do so using my NEW Memorex burner to play those old burnt cds!!!
I will go fetch some of those cds out of plastic bag and see what happens and will get back to you.  :oops:  :roll:

LadyLonnie

Burned mp3 cd to HD
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 10:01:49 pm »
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :P
I'm back!!!

YUP...those old cds sure work nicely in my burner *jumps for joy...doing cartwheels*
I put 1 into the burner...didn't have to click on anything...blinked 2x, and WMP opened right up and music started to play...'Topsy Parts I & II, by Cozy Cole'  :D  :D  :D

I'm back in business again.  :wink:

Now, I just have to find out how to cleanout the playlist in WMP to have a clean slate  :wink:

Thanks for the help...really do appreciate the time you've spent helping me on this.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Burned mp3 cd to HD

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx