gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:42:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Information request
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Information request  (Read 2975 times)

Offline kramerica69594

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Information request
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:22:32 am »
:?:Hello fellow WinMX'ers from a newbie with a question on every users lips.
We all know that the current WinMX has been hacked and the developers are working on a new WinMX. My question is: does anybody know the latest news on this new/latest version (ie is it ready for download yet and what the URL is) or at least is there a release date? :shocked:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Information request
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:29:18 am »
The news on that front is that there are some bugs being worked on still from the initial build that are proving a major challenge and we are short of coders to work any faster, however the project is still ongoing and opennap is being added to the build for a later release (beta 3), the next general release will be beta 2 and will have many of the annoying bugs removed, I cant at this time give a release time as last time I did that it was a massive non event and in the long run prove counterproductive to the expectations of the folks waiting on this, rest assured work is still going on and will continue to do so and when some of the bigger parts are in place we will as always pass along the good news and make some images available pre release.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »
I have a bit of a problem with the statement "WinMx has been hacked" as the program WinMx has not been touched in any way.or it must mean the working of the program is disturbed in an attempt to make it unusable by sending faulty data on the network WinMx is working on.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »
I don't think he literally meant the application had been "hacked",  I'm sure its pretty common knowledge now that some half brained chump(s) are abusing the network protocol to annoy the userbase simply out of spite and malice, we continue to work on both the new client and new protocol mechanisms to ensure such detritus are no longer able to do the RIAA's work for them.

I must say though the attackers seem pretty much failures at everything they do as they have tried so many methods over the past few years and yet still folks are able to enjoy the network, it must be hard being such all round losers  :lol: :lol: :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Information request

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx