gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:50:12 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  An old friend
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An old friend  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Scooter29

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
An old friend
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »
Hey everyone......been many moons ago, but I was an admin/mod on a site known as Smitty's Tavern which among other things, helped moderate users of the Winmx community back in the wee beginnings....hi all...any1 else nostalgically remember Smitty's?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: An old friend
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 08:14:58 am »
Of course we remember Smitty's tavern Scooter, Smitty is still a member here and pops by at intervals  :lol:

Its been many years now since he closed his site down, I used to go there to read discussion on most things opennap back in the day he was one of the more welcoming members of the opennap comunity when many doors where closing to winmx users because of the annoying server swamping that occurs when folks are logged into joined servers and  do things like search them all when thats not necessary if they are already joined, theres another guy who hangs out over at Slyck.com MrFred , he was the guy who took over the Slavanap server development,, I remember i initially went to Smitty's to grab a program that he had there but for the life of me I cant remember what it was atm  :oops:

I can say with absoloute certainty though that folks put in a lot more effort back then to get things going, a single user could inspire many hundreds of like minded folks and a good reputation was a passport  that opened many doors  :D

[update] just had a peek into my archives and found the name of the program "MxHashish" a useful tool for hashing files and reading some of the winmx dat files its in the archives still if anyone wants to spy it over  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  An old friend

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx