gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:00:08 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  British Spy Agency Snoop On Google, Facebook And Other US Based Tech Companies
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: British Spy Agency Snoop On Google, Facebook And Other US Based Tech Companies  (Read 1372 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
It seems theres a nice loophole in the law folks that allows the UK govt to spy on folks without a warrant if the site they visit is not based or operated in the UK  :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27887639

The UK government has revealed that it classifies Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as external communications because the companies are based overseas. The loophole was revealed as part of an ongoing legal battle with campaign group Privacy International (PI).
PI said the interpretation of the law "patronises the British people".

It is the first time that the UK has commented on how the UK's legal framework allows the mass interception of communications as outlined by US whistleblower Edward Snowden in his leaks about global government surveillance.

I wonder what rules they apply to yacy the decentralised search engine  :undecided:  As most of you know I myself dont use email, facebook or twitter and have no cell phone so I have been protecting my privacy pretty well but I admit to having a google, thankfully I only read fine and upstanding topics such as teller ulam implosion and about geographical sites of interest such as diego garcia and ascension island so theres nothing for the govt to worry about.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
why are the governments of the world scared shitless of the internet?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
I don't think they are, I think Govt's see the net as a free pass to bypassing the laws on privacy and most folks are either apathetic or ignorant of whats going on around them in the online realm, if the postman started opening your mail before he handed it over to you you may rightly get extremely annoyed with him, but do the same thing with email and for some reason the entire population does not see the danger to democracy and free speech, blind trust is what has lead many a country into war, the truth only appearing after the killings have begun and its not just that sort of killing either, corruption of those tasked to watch over us all can never be gauged due to obscure secrecy laws whipped into play by fear and written for usage in wartime, who's to say if and when valuable financial information is not going awry ?

I know its been documented that the US indulge in this kind of economic activity but lets not pretend they are not all doing it , in most cases the rich sponsor the oppression of the poor who don't have the wads of cash to buy off the politicians to pass such legislation the way those who want a backchannel of folks private information do.

What they are scared of if anything is normal folks finally comprehending that they are the ones in charge and not some semi elected chumps chosen from a miniscule pool of folks who sell their souls to a party heirachy to get on the gravy train.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  British Spy Agency Snoop On Google, Facebook And Other US Based Tech Companies

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx