gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 14, 2024, 06:06:06 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Is That Google Site Real ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is That Google Site Real ?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Is That Google Site Real ?
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:37:06 pm »
Just when you thought that all the silliness was over for this time of year  :shocked:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/crypto-certificates-impersonating-google-and-yahoo-pose-threat-to-windows-users/

People using Internet Explorer and possibly other Windows applications could be at risk of attacks that abuse counterfeit encryption certificates recently discovered masquerading as legitimate credentials for Google, Yahoo, and possibly an unlimited number of other Internet properties.

A blog post published Tuesday by Google security engineer Adam Langley said the fraudulent transport layer security (TLS) certificates were issued by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) of India, an intermediate certificate authority that is trusted and overseen by India's Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA). The CCA, in turn, is trusted by the Microsoft Root Store, a library that IE and many other Windows apps rely on to process the TLS certificates that banks, e-mail providers, and other online services use to encrypt traffic and prove their authenticity. (Firefox, Thunderbird, and Chrome on Windows aren't at risk.)

You see folks I told you this would happen if you didnt get protected  :o :o :o

Now take a tip from your old mate Ghosty and get one of these before it's too late !!!

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: Is That Google Site Real ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:35:35 am »
I think a foil hat is not enough because brain manipulating signals can get in from underneath. What we need to do is to get around in the world in a full suit of armor. I believe the mark II version has opening flaps front and rear for those "special needs". :)

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 07:42:28 am »
i've got a layer of foil in my wallet after seeing how easy it is to scan cards with chips and what not these days
maybe im just a crank, but most of the voices in my head said it was a good idea.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:10 am »
MS has awoken and rushed out an update to their revocation list  :)

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/emergency-windows-update-revokes-dozens-of-bogus-google-yahoo-ssl-certificates/

Microsoft has issued an emergency update for most supported versions of Windows to prevent attacks that abuse recently issued digital certificates impersonating Google and Yahoo. Company officials warned undiscovered fraudulent credentials for other domains may still be in the wild.

Reading the small print however ...

At the moment, there is no way for systems running Windows Server 2003 to revoke the fraudulent certificates.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:38:02 am »
using a condom on my network cable protects me for years against any virus
renew from time to time is a good habit :P

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 06:58:06 pm »
That sounds like a foolproof method of avoiding virtually everything Wonderer  :D :D

Now what can we do about that pesky wireless .. :undecided:

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 08:13:03 am »
tinfoil seems to shield perfectly against radio waves
 fine maze cage of Faraday might work too

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Is That Google Site Real ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx