gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 02:26:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  OurMx Spammer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OurMx Spammer  (Read 3059 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
OurMx Spammer
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:18:25 pm »
I don't usually make comment when spammers try to get a bite by telling lies and harassing chat rooms on the network but today I want simply to make clear that the OurMX project is still alive and well and has not ceased operation, we all agree its way behind schedule but work is still continuing to replicate a replacement for the WinMX client and great strides have been made over the past few years in this direction even though we have at most 3 developers and currently less than that, short of getting hit by a truck the project will continue and we hope to reach a stage after some protocol changes where we can make the whole thing open src and trust in the community to keep things alive and rolling, theres much frustration from all sides in not having the new client completed at this stage but we only have to ask ourselves what we personally have put into the project to see why this would be the case.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/ourmx_client_updates.html

Updates are regularly posted in the updates page above and this will continue to be the case, as each hurdle is removed the next one is attempted, we will reach a stage of a further release but its wise to bear in mind that we made a release previously some time ago to show that lies where being told at that time as regards this project being genuine, that was perhaps an unwise thing to do given the quantity of unfinished areas within the client that caused some to be disappointed and generally negative but it was felt the cost of that was outweighed by the need to reassure the community that the project was in fact a real one, having shown that it is a real live project we don't feel its yet necessary to demonstrate again the truth of our words by releasing another unfinished version to show that we are making great progress, rest assured we are and will continue to do so. 

With trust in each other, spammers and attackers cannot drive a wedge through this creative and diverse community, those that try to do so simply mark themselves out as anti community. 

Thank you all for your time and trust, the development group (including myself)  will continue to work hard to demonstrate to you all that your faith has not been misplaced.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: OurMx Spammer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:48:07 am »
whats more to say

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 03:04:20 am »
Giving up has never been an option here Wonderer, I have many good friends on this network and I'm sure the majority of the networks current users share that same motive for holding this community together, we are here still because we wont be bullied, harassed or threatened, those that have claimed victory over this internet based chat community are long gone as are their shattered dreams of taking control, they don't seem to comprehend that anyone of us is worth ten losers like themselves simply because we wont bend our knee to such worthless dross.

PS : Do you have some spare time old friend as I would welcome some assistance with something else that's in the pipeline ?

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:31:35 am »
sure I have some spare time

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 01:10:17 am »
The spammer has been getting childish with his fake reports and using other users names so to allow you all to protect yourself from this "halfwit" I will publish the IP each time it spams the chatroom, this will allow you all to see that any spamming visitor is not myself as I have never ever used the name ghostship outside of this forum nor do I use sky broadband, if you see  this "ghostship" kick him out of your room  8)

<GhostShip518_13453> SORRY WE DID OUR BEST BUT OURMX IS CONFIRMED AS ABANDONED CHANGED MY IP EASY LOL
<GhostShip518_13453> SORRY WE DID OUR BEST BUT OURMX IS CONFIRMED AS ABANDONED CHANGED MY IP EASY LOL

GhostShip518_13453; Node: 5.70.187.110:6257 (Primary)
GhostShip518_13453; Host: 0546bb6e.skybroadband.com

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 01:33:59 am »
The spammer formerly known as ANTZ, JOANNE, and I forget the other names is just trolling for a bite.
It sent me a winmx pm under the name 'iownsilicontoad' saying it's going to keep spamming rooms.

It's not the first troll spamming chat rooms and won't be the last. Many have come before who have been much better at it and many will come after. People with long memories might remember this one, but I'm not one of them.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 02:59:53 am »
I am quite happy to publish any new IP's so folks can block this abuser for themselves, we are a liberal bunch in this community but plain lying to cause disappointment and despondency is wrong and clearly malicious, the OurMX project is too important to me and many others in the community to allow such lies to stand.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  OurMx Spammer

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx