gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:45:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Rental Car Stereos Infringe Copyright, Music Rights Group Says
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rental Car Stereos Infringe Copyright, Music Rights Group Says  (Read 1913 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Rental Car Stereos Infringe Copyright, Music Rights Group Says
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:40:12 pm »
http://torrentfreak.com/rental-car-stereos-infringe-copyright-music-rights-group-says-150101/

Renting a car is something that millions do every year but if an industry group gets its way a portion of hire revenue will soon be hitting the music industry. Swedish collection outfit STIM says that car stereos perform music to the public and as a result rental companies are breaching copyright if they don't have a suitable license.

dafuq????? really? seriously?

....and they wonder why many ppl pirate out of spite

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Rental Car Stereos Infringe Copyright, Music Rights Group Says
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:32:58 pm »
I don't feel folks "pirate" out of spite, I am of the mind that they help themselves to material out of a sense of injustice, the term of copyright protection has been extended each time copyright extremists have greased the right palms, most folks are aware of this commercial fraud upon the public and so have lost respect for the copyright system as a whole, theres no spite involved in taking what should already be in the public domain, its like freedom, most don't wait for others to inform them they are free its something your aware of innately, thus waiting between 75 - 99 years to freely enjoy something that taxes and royalties have been paid upon many many times is no different to enacting a crooked monopoly scheme that is constructed with the sole purpose of making the contract so one sided that there is no hope of ever enjoying your implied side of the bargain, unfair contracts are simply that.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:15:01 am »
^^ GhostShip, +1.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:38:37 am »
wait what?
does sweden have car stereos that are able to play music that hasn't already had it's royalties paid?
do they need to pay these licence fee's for anything that is able to reproduce music? phones, radio's, computers or for that matter guitars, pianos or harmonicas?

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:06:47 am »
wait what?
does sweden have car stereos that are able to play music that hasn't already had it's royalties paid?
do they need to pay these licence fee's for anything that is able to reproduce music? phones, radio's, computers or for that matter guitars, pianos or harmonicas?

I wouldn't put it past them; being profoundly stupid seems to be a characteristic of the boneheads in these organisations.

Don't let them catch you humming a tune, for that matter. Pay up!

Offline SDL365

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 09:24:48 am »
How long until the RIAA gets wind of this and EVERYBODY who has a receiver/player  in their car here in the USA has to pay those bastards a fee???

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 09:39:18 am »
depends how long it takes them to bribe the right.... i mean lobby the democratic process and have the laws reviewed.
IIRC there has already been issues related to the ability for car stereos to 'backup' music libraries, I can't remember the specifics.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 02:46:47 pm »
is it pay per car or pay per passenger?
has there not been a time when music was heard on most public transport?
I vote for paying royalties on every eye, ear and mouth, easy to connect a license to birth certificate

ban iirc riaa and all related vultures and use the free coming money to pay who is entitled to it.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:24 pm »
IIRC there has already been issues related to the ability for car stereos to 'backup' music libraries, I can't remember the specifics.

that tantrum was over stereos that ripped cds to an internal harddrive....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Rental Car Stereos Infringe Copyright, Music Rights Group Says

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx