gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 09:09:31 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  I2P P2P Technology Now Powering Underground Drugs Market
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I2P P2P Technology Now Powering Underground Drugs Market  (Read 926 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
I2P P2P Technology Now Powering Underground Drugs Market
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:38:56 am »
A detailed and Interesting article.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/01/under-the-hood-of-i2p-the-tor-alternative-that-reloaded-silk-road/

Tor is apparently no longer a safe place to run a marketplace for illegal goods and services. With the alleged operator of the original Silk Road marketplace, Ross Ulbricht, now going to trial, the arrest of his alleged successor and a number of others in a joint US-European law enforcement operation, and the seizure of dozens of servers that hosted "hidden services" on the anonymizing network, the operators of the latest iteration of Silk Road have packed their tents and moved to a new territory: the previously low-profile I2P anonymizing network.

On the surface, I2P (which originally was an acronym for "Invisible Internet Project") is similar in many ways to the Tor Project's anonymizing service. Like Tor, I2P encapsulates and anonymizes communications over the Internet, passing Web requests and other communications through a series of proxies to conceal the location and identity of the user. Like Tor, I2P also allows for the configuration of websites within the network that are concealed from the Internet at large. Called "eepsites," these equivalents to Tor's hidden services can only be reached by using the anonymizing network or a portal site that connects to the I2P proxy network.

The search for anonymous methods of facilitating illegal deals goes on and will continue to do so across many platforms of technology, yesterday it was tor , today I2P and tomorrow something new, my only real concern amongst all of this is of govt overreactions that often adversely affect many to target a minuscule few

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  I2P P2P Technology Now Powering Underground Drugs Market

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx