gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:41:38 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Bad Search Function
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bad Search Function  (Read 12313 times)

rassmopp

Bad Search Function
« on: June 20, 2011, 06:10:40 pm »
Any one having problems searching for files? Is a new patch in the works? All sorts of junk files come up when I search. Help.

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: Bad Search Function
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 06:59:18 pm »
A new patch is in the works. The network is under attack, and that is what is causing the bad search results. Take a look at these two threads.
http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10932.0.html
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

rassmopp

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »
Thanks!

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:55:16 pm »
Any time!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

philb

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 06:15:08 pm »
having problems with my search for music files and also can't pm people in my room or brouse their files.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »
search is broke... no fix....

try connecting as secondary to get browse and pm to work

Offline Occ1967

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 07:26:26 pm »
 :no: Just started trying to use product and have to ask, I note there is no new news here on the search function...I have tried using (Example) ~Kenny Wayne Shepherd ( in upper search) and ~Born ( in lower section. and search returns thousands of impertinent results. Both with connection on primary or sencondary.
So is WinMX dead now?

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 09:09:46 pm »
A new patch is in the works. The network is under attack, and that is what is causing the bad search results. Take a look at these two threads.
http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10932.0.html

Offline Occ1967

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 01:12:45 am »
I did read those. Just noticed they were both over 2 years old and just maybe I missed something pertinent.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 02:28:42 am »
Unfortunately you haven't  :(

We are still working on the next OurMx beta client and in time we will have the ability to dump all such mindless attacks but for now we advise folks to use the OpenNap side of WinMX as that remains unaffected by the WPN specific attacks.

Offline Jehosephat

• Forum Member
  • I Hate Hackers!!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 12:43:58 am »
Really hard to believe that after years of this bullshit, that the anal orifice is still screwing up the search on winmx. The open naps are fair at best with the small number of users that are on them. Can't believe that something has not been done by now. Nothing like putting up a site or putting a service out and then not maintaining it. No wonder winmx has lost so many people. After almost 13 years of using it, I gotta say my patience is finally exhausted with finding some tunes on winmx. Guess if I want to find a couple of things I am looking for I will just have to buy the cd's to take the 1 or 2 songs I am actually looking for from them.  :x

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 03:46:01 am »
As far as searching goes, most users have joined room which align with their own interests and found a like minded gorup opf people to share their material and thoughts with.

If you're talking of ourmx, the preview is under development and winmxworld and ourmxworld sites are actively maintained.

Everyone gets something different from the community here. Some, like yourself, just can't find anything of value to keep them here.
I stay here because there's some great people in the community who I enjoy exchanging ideas, information and just plain chatter with. A lot of us are of the same mindset.
It's unfortunate you haven't had the same experience in the community and made some connections.

Offline JOSE

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 06:30:23 am »
Ourmx is the never ending story that has promised a lot and delivered nothing.

I am willing to bet ourmx will still be ongoing this time next year.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 05:29:46 am »
As long as you realize its never ending we are good

glad you see it will still not be dead same time net year :P

Offline JOSE

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 08:28:44 am »
I should have said ongoing lost cause.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 10:18:01 am »
Lost cause or not Dai no one is forcing you to stick around, if you don't feel the community is what it used to be then ask yourself simply are you the same person you used to be ?

Some folks have moved on and many have stayed, they stay for the simple reason they have friends and interests here, if that's not the case for you that is unfortunate but trolling wmw and blaming others for your own dissatisfaction is bad form, we too suffer from the attacks but we don't complain we try to work around the issues and hold the community together by undertaking various activities that take up a large portion of our free time, we do this because we care for this community, feel free to sneer and mock, perhaps even ask yourself why you feel others should not try to bring something to the table despite having full time jobs that leave them struggling to achieve much, despite the setbacks and the problems we still make the effort and one day the fruits of the labour will bring benefit to this community if that's not acceptable to you then theres no reason to waste your time here, if on the other hand you want to actually undertake something then look to what you can do for this community,.

This is a special network because no one is in charge of it and thus your own efforts can bring change in the direction you choose to go if you actually make the effort, Pri runs the roomlist and proxy blocker and we applaud that community supporting endeavour, others run chat rooms, some work on new programs and other write metis scripts and very many share great home made materials & resources, now that's what they bring to the table to share just what is it that your putting in ?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 10:27:20 am »
Jehosephat, I share your frustration with the search issues and other attacks but please bear in mind that we dont have the src code to winmx and thus the question of "maintaining" it is not an option, we have and continue to work on a clone version but it takes a lot of time and we are struggling due to the dangerously low amount of coders able to work on the project, we have made progress but replicating a program takes a lot of time and effort to satisfy all of the users, its been a long time since we started the effort and there have been set-backs and periods of great progress but we are still working on the project so whilst nothing I say can be of help to you this moment if you look back in the future you may well find that this community is growing again and with scope for new additions and features that folks ask for, we cant be down and out forever and theres no spirit of doom in most of the current userbase despite the annoying attacks, this is a strong community and will continue to be because folks care about it and each other.

BigT

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 03:40:03 am »
There was a comment above about using the OpenNap servers. I am using them an still get only junk results.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 04:10:41 am »
click the button that says 'all networks' ... select one of the opennap networks you are connected to ... rerun your search... clean results...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Bad Search Function

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx