gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:55:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Comcast agent tells customer that data caps are “mandated by law”
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Comcast agent tells customer that data caps are “mandated by law”  (Read 1150 times)

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/02/comcast-agent-tells-customer-that-data-caps-are-mandated-by-law/

Why does Comcast impose data caps on its customers?

According to one spectacularly ill-informed customer service representative, the company does this because it's "mandated by the law."

A Comcast customer who is in one of the trial areas where Comcast charges overage fees when customers exceed data allotments called to cancel his service and received the bizarre explanation.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason why you would want to disconnect your service?" the agent asked during the call, which the customer uploaded to SoundCloud.

"Your outrageous data usage plan that is completely archaic and unnecessary," he answered. "I am apparently in a trial market for it, it's not everyrwhere, and I've been getting charged for going over my data cap and I'm going to find somewhere where that's not going to happen to me."

"I understand," the customer service agent answered. "But every Internet service provider has [a] data cap. It is mandated by the law."

The customer laughed at this point and said, "No it is not. Believe you me, I've already talked to other Internet companies. They don't have data caps where I live and that's why I'm switching to them. My bill has gone from $50 to $187, and I have already verified with other Internet companies that it would not be the case there."

After being contacted by Ars, Comcast said the customer service representative needs training.

needs training? where did he get that BS from. chapter in the call centre handbook on intimidating and manipulating the people who pay your wages? or maybe he used to work for the riaa?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Comcast agent tells customer that data caps are “mandated by law”
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:07:22 pm »
agents have to keep customers to keep their own jobs... im not surprised one would go that far with their BS ... 'needs training' is just a way of saying 'we stress our employees to the max and got caught'

id like to know the turnover rate for a comcast call centre... or the possible suicide rate...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Comcast agent tells customer that data caps are “mandated by law”

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx