gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:34:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  more people unable to download
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: more people unable to download  (Read 4945 times)

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
more people unable to download
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:27:00 am »
Further to this other post:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=13363.msg74537#msg74537

I am not able to download from some people that I have been able to before.  People that have in the past been able to download from me, no longer can download. 
For example, in an afternoon I would normally  get 15 to 20 people downloading from me.  Now I get from 0 to possibly 3 people at then highest.
One of the people that has regularly downloaded from me over the years, their previous rate was 18 to 23 KB's per sec.  it now build to 2000 KB's per second.
Could my problem with people not being able to upload from me be an over recieving  [overclock] of packets because of my fibreop connection?
Is my bandwidth /bitrate exchange an impedance to people with slower connections?
My TCP and UDP ports are forwarded.  MY firewall on the router is on LOW and I am not running a software firewall.
This situation is as bad as someone who does not offer any bandwidth, the results ate the same near zero share.

Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: more people unable to download
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:47:49 am »
Could my problem with people not being able to upload from me be an over recieving  [overclock] of packets because of my fibreop connection?

the internet has known many speeds... you could be talking to a dialup user and it would still work...

http://nmap.online-domain-tools.com/ -- since you are a linux user im throwing a guess out there that you know how to use this to probe the ports on your own machine? (just to make sure its clear sailing on your end)

btw, ive noticed this slowdown as well so its not just you....

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WSX%20Files/Pauls%20WORKS%20PUBLIC%2020131115.wsx

pick a working opennap server and have your friend join as well... see if your connections work that way...

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 02:22:14 pm »
thank you for input i'm glad i'm not alone.  been 15 years since i was on open nap    could anyone suggest a room destination in  open nap?     thanks again.
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »
this is assuming you are using winmx 3.53 or 3.54....

if you have already imported that .wsx file good... if not go to the opennap tab in networks and import it... many of these will not work... but some of them will so no worries.... once connected (green text)... go to the chat tab and click 'list channels'.. under the 'winmx peer network' selection you'll see the nap(s) you are on... click the nap and a new tab will open... very likely there wont be any rooms at all or very few (be sure to refresh the list)... ...type the name of your room in the filter bar and, to the right click 'create'... you will be dropped straight into the new room... ...didnt work? try a different nap... they all have different settings and policies...

...got a room? good... there are no hashes or other things to remember about the room other than its name... and if the nap has rooms enabled it will show to other users... all you need to do is get your friends connected to the same nap and have them join the room.... using the list channels drop down (and possibly refresh list) on the same nap...

still having slowdown or not connecting? get as many of your friends to join the nap you chose and join your room... then disconnect completely from the winmx network (friends too) and try your transfers again...

my apologies for being most verbose....

PS.. if this starts a trend of a fairly populated room on a nap let me know... i wanna join in too...

Offline JOSE

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:34:42 pm »
Do yourself a favour and dont bother with winmx, it is dying a slow death and is almost useless
but not as useless as ourmx.

This is not conjecture it is a fact, the attackers have won with little resistence.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 12:09:18 am »
the attackers have won with little resistence.

not quite... the users in japan just absorb the attacks with their stupid fast internet connects so their use of winmx continues unimpeded.. seriously... i know youve seen a search.. mostly 99% unreadable filenames... beware what you click... and with channel list on winmxunlimited.net a chat server can run 'offline' avoiding attack traffic all-together... so... chat still works for those in the west and files still work for those in the east.... and its those two together keep it going to a degree... ...even if ourmx doesnt come to be i forsee a spinoff of the chat system... so the attacks that have been going for... whats it 3 or 4 years now? hmm... tough group of folk we got here....

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 02:42:08 pm »
i agree with white stripes  and the music industry as we know it is doomed .  we have many one hit wonders  [if you can call it a hit] music [ questionable at that] that is more of a creation in the sound room than  personal talent. of the new artists most would have to lip sinc  to do a live show.  instrumentals  like sax on a reverb don't spin any wheels with this boy.  sony music  cd stores have been closing and are a thing of the past kids are not buying music they are copying music and sharing among them self's dumping music and picking up current hit .

to me our archives of music are all the more important hard copies are a thing of the past . a few years ago i asked sony music for a copy of an album in any form. they told me the album would not be produced again there was not sufficient interest to reproduce it. so you see were we stand the music is owned by sony music etc but will never see the light of day.     so share what music you have.   the  more copies of music out their the better chance of everyone having real music ,spit in the sax music , flubs like a guitar note not quit on but we know a recording were it has been scrubbed . i want the original thanks   and btw  keep sharing i hope to be around for winmx 's complete revival.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  more people unable to download

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx