gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 04:52:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  General PC Aid  |  Anyone else get one of these?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone else get one of these?  (Read 5517 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Anyone else get one of these?
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:48:53 pm »
interesting it doesnt say (in any of those tabs) what it will break.... ...granted i know i will lose my many sidebar gadgets and aeroglass (glass is done by a 3rd party now so i can technically keep it)...... be really damn nice if i could try the damn os before i buy into it...

*eyes the linux install disk on his desk*

microsoft makes abandoning it really appealing with shit like this...

ps -- i found it...  they hid the pc checker in the blue slats icon... still dont know what i lose going from win7 pro to win10 unknown....

Re: Anyone else get one of these?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 04:22:29 am »
there's a few people saying they got one of these

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:34:16 am »
Isn't win10 going to be free anyway? and that ms will be making their money from selling apps instead of OS?

Offline Sean

• Core
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 12:24:08 am »
You really don't have any right to complain about something that is not only free, but has been made available for testing for months. No one is forcing you to get it. That said, the way they just added an icon to the system tray was a little sketchy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 01:40:54 am »
id like this test drive *grins innocently* just point me to the 32bit iso... but free doesnt mean its worth it... all my machines get turned linux when their particular copy of windows is no longer supported... windows has just always been a free ride on hardware that long outlives it for me...

and a microsoft account? that is something i really do not want... hmm...

Offline Sean

• Core
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 03:13:59 am »
32-bit ISO: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522145

If you think i it is not worth it, just stick with Windows 7 then. It is still going to be a fine OS for the foreseeable future.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:33 am »
well.. the pro.. the base os doesnt use much memory.. win32 applications load uh.. surprisingly fast (no im not being sarcastic im actually impressed)... the cons... its an 'app extravaganza' and whatever platform these apps are running on (pri i know you are around is that windowsRT?) is either horribly unoptimized at the moment or is really just that bad... it took twice as long to start the image viewer app than it did to start firefox... from a dead start...

also.. project spartan crashed 3 times before i could get it to go to getfirefox.com and get the download... found IE tucked away like an an unwanted sibling yet it ran just as well as it does on 7....

classicshell and disabling cortana make things nice but i broke it when i tried glass8.. need to reinstall to see if i can actually make it barable to look at... im really surprised glass isnt still integrated considering the win10 window manager is compositing as well..

overall the complete lack of performance of the 'app' side of things really.. really bugs me... even .NET isnt that sluggish....

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 06:00:28 am »
I think everyone got this, I did on 8.1

I'll probably upgrade on release day.

Offline Sean

• Core
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 06:50:27 am »
Windows 10 is introducing a universal app platform that will work on any Windows device whether it's a PC, phone, tablet, etc.

Details: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/03/02/a-first-look-at-the-windows-10-universal-app-platform/

I personally don't expect much from the apps anyways. One of the first things I did (and I recommend everyone do) when I installed Windows 8 was uninstall all of the "Metro" apps with the exception of the PDF reader. Not really a performance thing for me, but rather a lack of functionality across the board.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 04:46:08 pm »
I think everyone got this, I did on 8.1

I'll probably upgrade on release day.

if i was running 8.1 i would leap at the opportunity as well.... i cant find a good reason other than "support for the life of the device" to move from a perfectly functional win 7... which i think dies in 2019...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 01:11:43 am »
I have 3 PC's here all running Win7 off the same install DVD (So same key) but only one got the Win10 update offer
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 05:34:57 pm »
a relative (with a different key) has yet to receive the win10 offer.... odd... 

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  General PC Aid  |  Anyone else get one of these?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx