gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 04:09:48 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  patience
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: patience  (Read 2679 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
patience
« on: October 04, 2015, 02:28:14 am »
see attachment... took about a week to do that... no i wasnt spamhammering the network more like refreshing up to 6 times each day then letting it sit in the background for the rest of the time

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: patience
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:03:13 pm »
my room is still alive and active but not on-line to keep out spammer and I know of more rooms doing the same

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »
taking rooms offline was the first bit of advice given to rooms who were receiving too much junk traffic.... too bad nap.winmxgroup.net (i think that was right) got taken down... 

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 09:53:34 pm »
Hmm I was a tad disappointed with that also but unless theres folks willing to run things we all have to cut our cloth accordingly.

It would make sense just to have the chats held on a web based nap server that didnt allow the sharing of any files so then folks could not be ordered to close down if things turned nasty, of course that takes co-operation and resources, something we have traditionally been short of.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:58:53 am »
web based nap server that didnt allow the sharing of any files
if winmx supported direct browse files could be shared without the nap knowing what they were..... however um *hint hint* a chat-only nap would provide excellent backup room support.. even providing a means to the wpn room equivalent.... and legally speaking such a server would be in the clear

thoughts?

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »
room members in my room post files on news servers
nothing shared at winmx ...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 10:06:04 pm »
@wonderer .. and renegades had a seedbox at one time so it does seem winmx is being used for chat more than anything else... perhaps it will evolve into a decentralized chat network... ...the MAFIAA would have no reason to attack something like that...

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 11:51:37 pm »
and renegades had a seedbox at one time

We still do however users download from it in-room. It has no restrictions though, anyone on winmx can download from it with no queues, no wait times, no tag affiliations, no need to be sharing files to get files etc

You're welcome to come back to the room if you want White Stripes.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 09:35:40 am »
the news server solution is still seen as an intermediate solution until the new client is full functional again.
in the mean time winmx chat is an excellent way to keep our community alive

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 03:19:18 pm »
and renegades had a seedbox at one time

We still do however users download from it in-room. It has no restrictions though, anyone on winmx can download from it with no queues, no wait times, no tag affiliations, no need to be sharing files to get files etc

You're welcome to come back to the room if you want White Stripes.

thank you for welcoming me back but im sure youve seen pinkie pi randomly stop by :P ... however when it comes to downloading i too use other means... i was mainly using the example...

random thought but; anyone out there good with javascript/html5 ? a websocket based wpn chat client would be very interesting..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  patience

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx