gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 19, 2024, 04:04:49 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Bitcoin Creator Reveals Himself
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bitcoin Creator Reveals Himself  (Read 1481 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Bitcoin Creator Reveals Himself
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:34:33 am »
The inventor takes off the mask at last  :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36168863

Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto. His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.
Mr Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator. Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim.

Renowned cryptographer Hal Finney was one of the engineers who helped turn Mr Wright's ideas into the Bitcoin protocol, he said.
"I was the main part of it, but other people helped me," he said.

Lets hope he gets his wish to be left alone, I get the idea the authorities will be watching him however as his currency system is something they fear will undermine their own.

Another take on this story can be found here

http://www.economist.com/news/briefings/21698061-craig-steven-wright-claims-be-satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: Bitcoin Creator Reveals Himself
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:54:19 pm »
It turns out that he's a fraud. The proof he supplied is not valid. He claimed that the message he has signed was created by the same key used to sign a message Satoshi once posted before. But actually it's a transaction hash from 2009 of a bitcoin transfer.

Essentially he confused the BBC with techno-babble making them believe that a satoshi transaction hash was a message signature. What he did is something anyone could do due to the bitcoin blockchain making all transactions public. He's just a trickster and this is the second time he has tried to deceive the world into believing he is the creator of Bitcoin.

The last time that he tried this he sent out two pieces of evidence, one to Gawker and one to some other news site and it was like a fake leak of information naming him as Satoshi and it was involving some Australian tax thing.

For some reason this guy is really hard up for people to believe he's Satoshi but people in the bitcoin community (I'm not in that group myself) are all adamant he is a fraud and they've provided detailed proofs that show his evidence is a load of made up rubbish.

Quite sad as I wanted to believe the real Satoshi had come forward finally but I guess we're still some ways away from that. By the way he also claimed all his early bitcoins (worth about 445 million or so dollars) are held in a "trust" until 2020. Guys smoking something that's for sure.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Bitcoin Creator Reveals Himself

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx