gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 04:56:06 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth  (Read 9103 times)

Gus Morrison

34 HRS
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 04:22:21 pm »
Still uploading and downloading at 35 to 60 ks second  no patches Gus

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 04:52:42 pm »
Gus WinMx is made to store you last list of primaries you were attached to, it has always done this and still does.. its great but it wont hold those for ever and you will once again need a patch to get a new list..

I dont advise not using a patch at all!!

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 07:03:37 pm »
Stillworking 100percent no patches Gus Going to reinstall the patches now see what happens  no no no problem without them now we will see ,

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 07:07:32 pm »
Thats fine Gus, please install the patch for 98/ME users regardless of your operating system to ensure you dont have the issue with crashing..

finding out

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 07:29:12 pm »
no problem in 45 hrs with out any patches now i am going to try them all 1,9 was the stinker cutting me out every few min since i deleted  it and went back to 353  over 3 hundred uploads no problem between 30 and 60 ks a sec, now will go try and create a problem .gbu Gus.

one line;

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 07:30:37 pm »
thats what I want to do make it crash to see what the culprit is .lol Gus

Anonymous

do as you please
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 07:40:44 pm »
okayyyyy izzzzzzzzzzz done mine works perfect wishing all my connecties a happy new year both up and downloads yesterday could not even click the sc reen  now i can sit here and type messages while they are uplading or downloading / also it was my isp throttle and filterts so I fired them got a new one  no more problem .not winmx some isp,s out there older than me and im 80  happy new year .Old Grampa Gus.

Gus Morrison

getting cut off
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 02:23:51 am »
WEnt 30 hrs on 353 no paches not  a  bit off trouble .deleted it completly off my computer went to your recom,spot downloaded patch installation  installed it  354betta4 patch installed.connected  the min the green light turned on  warning came on and i got cut off .went bk to icon hit it again  green light right at the same time warning got cut off.went bk to icon same thing three time in a row. deleted 1.9 went bk to download winmx fix  installed 353 no patches working perfect. remember to get into your comp i need a key and a door .They somehow are using your patch to frig you that also is why not all are getting hit with the same patch. See even a dummy like me can figure out how to goof people if I wanted.have been in comptuer 48 yrs never without one used to build them.no matter what you say or think have to find away to close the door .get people to do what i did as i am getting downloads uploads very very little prob maybe 3  cut in 2 days by there isp.Like I said what you got to lose  do like me try it dont work go bk to day one .sure happy i got mine working and I mean [perfect.Gus

Gus Morrison

working through firewall
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 02:34:03 am »
also I am working through avg firewall,History kill.noadware  and not a bit off problem all 3 online at all times now and still working both ways . These are all full versions  so a little tougher for to use  same 6699=6257  ports.Gus

Gus Morrison

connections
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 02:40:25 am »
also working most times at least 5 primary and 12 secondery connections Gus

Cali-man Auto Trade

crash problem
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 09:40:04 am »
For those  still  having a crash problem, just go into your settings and turn off TCP incoming connections
This will force a straight secondary connection
The RIAA are flooding TCP primaries and untill something changes this will keep you connected.
Been running two hours now with no crash.
I'm on a 56K connection running 3.22 beta :P

Gus Morrison

HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 03:47:47 pm »
2 1/2 DAYS RUNNING NO PATCHES NO PROBLEMS  RIGHT NOW UPLOADING 2 MORE ..WENT IN THE ROOM LIST NO PROBLEM BUT DO NO NO HOW TO ENTER A ROOM SO CAME BACK OUT  SEARCHING  NO PROB,DOWNLOAD NO PROB.UPLOADS WORKING GREAT. THEM 2 ARE COMPLETE ABOUT 1 MIN EACH .WILL KEEP GOING AND KEEP YOU INFORMED GUS.

Gus Morrison

CONNECTION
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 03:55:42 pm »
7 seven primary counting me 12 secondery solid connectiongus

wavoka

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 06:44:30 pm »
I haven't done anything. As long as I don't search, mess with hotlist or other functions I can stay connected for hours. Getting uploads and downloads.

Cali-man Auto Trade

crashing
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 07:40:43 pm »
Why be limited?
Do what I said above and you  not only have all functions available but you get greater up and download speeds as well, which is typical with a secondary connection anyway.

Cali-man Auto Trade

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 11:00:39 pm »
O controller.....
You still need to rectfy my original post that you f**ked up.
 It should read.....
"I'm on a DSL connection running 3.54 beta"

Thank you very f**king much...............

wavoka

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 11:44:35 pm »
Why be limited?
Do what I said above and you not only have all functions available but you get greater up and download speeds as well, which is typical with a secondary connection anyway.
======================
I'm on cable I get really slow speeds on secondary and not nearly as many uploads/downloads.

STILL WORKING

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2006, 11:51:56 pm »
sunday evening jan 1st =7 pm =3 days now reconect and disconnect no problem.still working 100 percent =6 primary 12 secondery = stil no patches had over 500 uploads no problem only 2 cut of by there server . 14 people uploading at the same time. not changing anything here ever as long as it works like this .Gus

KM

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 11:53:30 pm »
just thought i'd let you know, i finally had some time to sit down and have a look at the problem (it's that time of year - work, party, recover, work, party, recover...), and I am glad to say that i was quickly able to identify the problem and find someone else to blame... :-)

just blame the person in charge of the block list (btw, i have nothing to do with it!) for messing it up, a small bug with the block list was causing it, a temporary solution of fixing the damn block list has been implimented, although a fix to the block list loading code will be arriving shortly... and as i've got a few hours to spare tonight i'll get the 9x version to be as complete as well as the NT version before releasing an update (ie. add the block list stuff to that) :-)

(btw, we will be doing a few more tests for the next hour or so, so if the tests work then you might notice it continue to crash after some winmx restarts but not others - assuming we get the list able to crash one minute and not the next to prove the problem:-) )

Cali-man Auto Trade

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006, 12:00:14 am »
If that is the case then I guess you're stuck with primary and it's current problems.

The RIAA are targeting TCP connections (primary)

I knew there was a reason to stick with DSL.

Thanks for the info.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx