gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:43:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Alert!!! - MS O/S Users Tricked By Win10 "fake close" Install Page
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Alert!!! - MS O/S Users Tricked By Win10 "fake close" Install Page  (Read 1095 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
You cant trust this new bunch of salesmen at MS it seems  :x

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36367221

Microsoft has faced criticism for changing the pop-up box encouraging Windows users to upgrade to Windows 10.
Clicking the red cross on the right hand corner of the pop-up box now activates the upgrade instead of closing the box.
And this has caused confusion as typically clicking a red cross closes a pop-up notification

Brad Chacos, senior editor at the PC World website, described it as a "nasty trick". "Deploying these dirty tricks only frustrates long-time Windows users who have very valid reasons to stick with operating systems they already know and love," he wrote.

This is no different to malware deployment in my book as we all expect windows dialogues to act as we command not as some selfish and greedy manager wishes to help bump his share portfolio, I wont ever be using such scumware that's a firm promise, when I get bored of windows Mint Linux will power my machine.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: Alert!!! - MS O/S Users Tricked By Win10 "fake close" Install Page
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:48:12 pm »
Microsoft, as bad as many things were before with it, has devolved even further into a malignant cancer.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Alert!!! - MS O/S Users Tricked By Win10 "fake close" Install Page

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx