gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:00:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  IMesh News
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IMesh News  (Read 2093 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
IMesh News
« on: June 16, 2016, 06:27:03 am »
It seems a whole raft of other P2P services have been affected recently with the demise of  the RIAA's favourite data provider

https://torrentfreak.com/riaa-approved-file-sharing-service-hacked-51m-user-details-leaked-160613/

Around 51 million user records of a file-sharing service that was first sued and then approved by the RIAA has been leaked online. The iMesh service was part of a shady group of former P2P services operating under the Bearshare, Lphant and Shareaza brands, despite the latter being obtained in the most questionable of circumstances.

Now, however, some of that data has landed in the public arena. Following the sudden disappearance of iMesh in recent weeks, LeakedSource is reporting that it has obtained an iMesh database containing 51,310,759 user records.

Good riddance to Imesh I say  8)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: IMesh News
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:40:52 am »
a buddy of mine used it years ago, he had ads poppin up faster than he could close em, even after he closed the program down. I agree, good riddance :lol:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:10:52 am »
LeakedSource is reporting that it has obtained an iMesh database containing 51,310,759 user records.

good riddance to imesh perhaps but no boo on the data leak?

Offline Khayu

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
Is this forum about Imesh?

Laughing stock.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 06:50:13 pm »
The news section is traditionally used to deliver news from around the web on such topics as P2P networks or events as this could mean folks either leaving or joining our community and we like to be aware of such occurrences, we also cover some operating system news, browser flaws and other generally helpful materials that may warrant some highlighting or exposure. I personaly enjoy posting materials that involve copyright law and its current ramifications for filesharers of whatever network, I agree it sees little in the way of real winmx news but then lets be honest theres little we can write about here that's not either known or out of date for most chat room members, the grapevine is both efficient and often annoying   :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  IMesh News

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx