gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 04:45:01 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX all of a sudden crashing continuously PLEASE HELP!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX all of a sudden crashing continuously PLEASE HELP!!!!!  (Read 2701 times)

Islander

WinMX all of a sudden crashing continuously PLEASE HELP!!!!!
« on: December 30, 2005, 07:53:49 pm »
Can someone shed light as to why all of a sudden winmx is crashing continuously for me? It was working fine ever since we got winmx back but now all of a sudden im crashing constantly. I read that there was a bug with the 1.9patch but things were fine until 3 days ago. How could it all of a sudden start? I tried the MXPIE thing and I cannot connect using MXPIE feature. I downloaded the patch again and was able to connect but all I do is crash once I start to download or search any ideas or suggestions on how/why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:07:54 pm »
Hi your not alone, and although I cant be sure who is doing the attacking of users at this time its not good at all.. we are having a terrible time determining a common issue that could cause this.. so the best advise i have for now is this:

Rename your C:\Program Files\Winmx to WinMx2
Install the Install 1.9.exe for a 98/ME operating system, this will work fine on XP, however if a user is primary it will NOT block the riaa, they will need to use peer guardian with our block list found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

For now this is working, we are unsure if its the ws2_32.dll under attack or winmx 3.54 at this time, although we have nearly 50 or more users with crashing problems we have thousands without it running many different combonations of 3.53 and 3.54 .. thats the best info and advice I can give at this time..

islander

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 08:23:40 pm »
i think i tried that and it still crashed but I am game to trying it again. I will see what happens. Please check back here later to see what my result is and if you have any further suggestions. Thank you for the quick reply

islander

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 10:54:16 pm »
I tried what you suggested and loaded the peer guardian and did everything according to your instructions but it is still crashing. I do not know what else if anything can be done at this point. Just thought I should let you know  :(

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 11:30:54 pm »
Islander..

Just to be clear you installed the Install 1.9 and choose the 98/ME operating system to install?
And now you have a WinMx folder that has winmx.exe for 3.53 and an olepro32.dll for a patch?

islander

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 12:10:03 am »
no i installed the 1.9 and I have XP not 98 or ME

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 12:12:01 am »
The temporary workaround, from what i'm reading is to lie to the installer, & tell it you have 98/ME even if you dont...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

islander

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 12:18:45 am »
ill try it standby :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 01:42:29 am »
Standing by.. lol

islander

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 02:14:54 am »
well believe it or not IT WORKED!!! I dont know how temporary this is going to be but for now it worked. I chose the me/98 option and that is not making me crash for some reason. Do you know how that is possible?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 02:18:23 am »
Yes I do know how that is possible.. the olepro patch your using now doesnt call on the same java script on the winmxgroup site.. and although its not protecting your winmx from the riaa either it works.. the other problem should be fixed tomorow and your other winmx for xp should work fine as soon as its resolved..

islander

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 02:39:08 am »
Can you elaborate a little bit more on what you mean by fixed tomorrow? How will I know? What will I need to do? Do I risk installing the old way if it is supposedly fixed? Do i check back here? WHat do you advise?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 02:48:50 am »
Good question Islander.. I will post the news here

This looks like as good a place as any, we will test that its fixed with the many personal friends I have before posting here, then you will know its safe to return to your old folder..

I hope that most folks took my advice and just renamed the old folder to WinMX2 .. this will allow you to just switch the names around still keeping the new one you installed tonite as WinMx2 and your regular one as WinMX.. after you see my post here tomorow.. or one of the other moderators of the site..

Thanks..

islander

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 03:33:24 am »
ok! I will check in tomorrow - thanks for the help today

Concert_Junkie229

continually crashing
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 05:28:13 pm »
i had the continually crashing problem too - i just did the fix by using winmx2 and 1.9exe and windows 98 like was mentioned and i'm back on too now

wavoka

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 11:12:18 pm »
I'm going to stick with the 1.p patch as is until you guys fix it. I can run it a long time without a crash and I'm getting uploads and downloads.

cinsel

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »
hi,

Seems like I had the same problem. I did what it says here above, and till now its working for me.
I just wanna say many thanx to all those guys who are working there ass off to keep winMX on line.
If you have any problems whit it you can always find your answere here.

A random aplause.

greetz cinsel

Offline richardwagner

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 05:49:52 am »
Tere is a big time war against us.

I tried the 1.9, renamed the fold to winmx2 and cannot go primary, all the time the hard drive was going like crazy and the program crashed. may be MS jouined the RIIA

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 06:06:27 pm »
Try the new updated Install-2.2 from http://winmxgroup.com .

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX all of a sudden crashing continuously PLEASE HELP!!!!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx